A good quality smoker for cheap?

Shotgun smokers

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good quality smoker for around 700 that will be big enough to fit a hog on. Possibly on a trailer but I could do that later. If any of you have a good suggestion let me know. I have a traeger lil Tex and I need more grilling space. Thanks brothers!

Best of luck on this journey. I was on the same one about a year ago. Watch craigs
list closely. Talk to all your friends, neighbors. For that matter, go to a few comps.
Talk to the competitors. Many of them have older models "out back" they might part
with. Check out the sales/ventures portion here. I friend here found mine on craigs
list a state away. Be prepared to travel for it... Also, check ebay. There were a
few there that I thought about... I do highly suggest getting a better one than
getting a cheaper one only to have to replace it (the cheap one) a little later with
the one you originally wanted (been there; done that; have the proof). Depending
on the size and quality, you might have to double your price range... I purchased a
used Lang 60 for $1,600 and had to travel for it. Again, best of luck. I also suggest
to be patient. You'll find it, eventually...

Keep an eye on craigslist...There are a lot of big smokers on it, mostly home built, but you will find they ranged from a few hundred to several. If you are flexible with the design and patient you will get a great deal. Everytime i search i see something i want.
You might post a wanted add here in the classified section also.
jon

Buy a lincoln 180c MIG , the deposit on an 80lb blended tank, a mask, and gloves will put you in about 650. Now go to a scrap yard and start shopping for steel by the 100lbs.

craigslist search tip...
try this
smoker-non-brinkman
You can add additional items you are not searching for.
This will narrow the search return items.
Not sure what the tech terms are.
jon

Back