Horseradish?

landlocked

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite?

From what I have tasted, Beaver and Inglehoffer are good, not grate (pun).

Same company I think.

Silver Springs (a Wisconsin company) is our usual brand. There used to be a meat locker in Kimball MN that had some killer horse radish. Haven't been there in years though, may not be there anymore.

Silver Springs (a Wisconsin company) is our usual brand. There used to be a meat locker in Kimball MN that had some killer horse radish. Haven't been there in years though, may not be there anymore.

I just bought this thinking it was more "pure", and it sucked! IMO it tasted like sulfur.

578tNcrufBTDwWexoR3ufFM4gQfOhgS-6tGxDJAUFdQ

I am obviously pic challenged. How do I post pics?

I tried via picasa to no avail.

I use Zatarain's , good stuff . Not to much of a horseradish selection in my area , so it is the go to brand .

Zayda's White Hot; if it aint homemade.

Homemade is real easy if you can find the horseradish whole BTW.

wicked-gourmet-jalapeno-horseradish-85fl-oz--250ml-jar.jpg

This stuff rocks! And it will for sure clear out your sinus cavity.

I am biased I have alot of horseradish that I process myself. If you get the chance look for fresh at one of your better grocery stores that has good produce. I know HY-Vee has had it before. I made ribeyes bout month ago and had garlic mashed potatos with them. I grated a little fresh horseradish in them salt and pepper and just a little sour cream. You talk about good.

I'm convinced. We planted Rhubarb last year and it's almost ready to start harvesting now. Put Asparagus plants in this year. May as well start some Horseradish too. I have heard horror story's about grinding your own though. Can it be any worse than cutting up hot peppers?

Did the homemade once, it was awesome! Tough to grow here in Florida, wish I could get some fresh root every once and while.

We do pick it out of the ditches around here....If you havent made it yourself, you are missing out.

Homemade is really the way to go, lots of times you can pick it up at farmer's market's.

Scott

When you find it fresh to buy; get two. Use one for horseradish, soak the other in water overnight then plant it.

Totally agree with the grow your own. Buy one to grate and one to plant. It is a stinking weed. Don't plant it anywhere near something you like.

Peel the root with an apple peeler and grate. you will be crying but it will be a good thing. Then add some vinegar and you are good to go.

Back