• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Finishing Sauce for pulled pork?

CrackerJack from KC

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Cooked a pork butt today, put in on a hoagie bun with BBQ sauce on it, really good.

I hear some people use a vinegar based "finishing sauce" then add cole slaw. Would love to try a good recipe if someone can give me one.

Shhhh...don't tell anyone I told you this...I use a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to 1/4 cup KC Masterpiece (original) for my pulled pork sammie sauce...and top it with coleslaw! :p

IMG_4195.jpg

DSC04533cc.jpg

Here is a good Eastern NC vinegar starter recipe. This batch in the picture has a couple of dried peppers floating in there. If this sounds too tart, you can substitute some apple juice for some of the water. Adding a splash of wooster is a nice touch too.....It works as a mop and a sop both. A shaker bottle is a good way to go, then you just carry it from the pit to the table wihtout any worry of cross contamination.

1/2 Cup Water
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 t Salt (try sea salt)
1-1/2 t Cayenne Pepper
1/2 t Black Pepper
Warm the base so that the salt & peppers can blend in evenly.

DSC04533cc.jpg

Here is a good Eastern NC vinegar starter recipe. This batch in the picture has a couple of dried peppers floating in there. If this sounds too tart, you can substitute some apple juice for some of the water. Adding a splash of wooster is a nice touch too.....It works as a mop and a sop both. A shaker bottle is a good way to go, then you just carry it from the pit to the table wihtout any worry of cross contamination.

1/2 Cup Water
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 t Salt (try sea salt)
1-1/2 t Cayenne Pepper
1/2 t Black Pepper
Warm the base so that the salt & peppers can blend in evenly.

Ill try this one too!!!!

Shhhh...don't tell anyone I told you this...I use a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to 1/4 cup KC Masterpiece (original) for my pulled pork sammie sauce...and top it with coleslaw! :p

IMG_4195.jpg

Vinegar is in the same category as wooster and salt. A little, works in all kinds of situations. A subconscious flavor wake up kind of thing. It's really weird.....most of us buy and use each of them, a smidgen here, a touch there, but you never see any advertisements for them.

Back