Contest Announcment KCBS Comp in Allentown, PA in 9/26-27

tomnstac

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Well it is official, the Lehigh Valley (PA) is finally going to have their first KCBS competitiion September 26-27. It is being held at the Allentown Fairgrounds. The organizer seems to have put together a really nice event. He has bands lined up, vendors, beer tent, and a car show. I understand there are indoor bathrooms for the competitors, free ice, large sites, volunteers galore, and a Friday night people's choice (ribs). The webpage is lvquefest.com. I think he can handle around 40 teams and is almost half full now. This looks like it will be a nice comp. Plus I am partial as it is only 20 minutes from my house.:clap2:

Allentown Fairgrounds Event

$10,000+ in prize money. $2,500 to the GC plus Governor Proclamation as State Championship and a bid into the Jack. Top teams in each category $500.

Once again, we have a limited number of competitions in this part of the world and this is the same weekend as the New London competition.

Great show planned for teams. Peoples Choice comp winner get $400 plus trophy. Who makes the "Meanest Deviled Egg" event. $200 to win it!

Once again, we have a limited number of competitions in this part of the world and this is the same weekend as the New London competition.

Do we have limited number of contests? In the PA to Maine region, from May - Sept seems there is at least 1-2 contests every single weekend.

anyone know who the organizers are for this contest... I sent an email with questions June 30th and have not heard back from them

anyone know who the organizers are for this contest... I sent an email with questions June 30th and have not heard back from them

I received an email from him on 7/31 announcing the contest. Hope this helps: Greg Morello [myhilltopevents@gmail.com]

Heeps in Allentown. Premium quality product and great family owned business. Stepped up big to support this comp with Baby Back ribs. Ask for John Meyers or Beau Heeps.

Hey y"all....Grand Champion gets into the 2015 "Jack". Be one of the first to qualify for the 2015 Jack Daniels World Championship in Lynchburg. Take this opportunity to be first in. Makes the rest of 2014 and 2015 a pleasure to cook...no pressure...If you win!

Can't do much this year, but looks like a nice spot on the calender for next year.

Hey y"all....Grand Champion gets into the 2015 "Jack". Be one of the first to qualify for the 2015 Jack Daniels World Championship in Lynchburg. Take this opportunity to be first in. Makes the rest of 2014 and 2015 a pleasure to cook...no pressure...If you win!

Are you saying your comp is an automatic to the Jack???? Or gets in to the draw for the Jack???

I think he means you will get a bung towards The 2015 Jack draw. PA has more than one State Championship. It's not an Auto!!!!

Bill, I actually already knew that. But some others may not. I also believe this is after The Markets at Shrewsburry so it would also not be the first for the new years draw.

Bill, I actually already knew that. But some others may not. I also believe this is after The Markets at Shrewsburry so it would also not be the first for the new years draw.

It's actually the third PA contest for the 2015 draw - Shrewsburry on 9/6, Scranton on 9/13 and then Allentown.

Assuming you have 25 teams, correct?

Back