• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Dayton Pigfest Aug 22-23 - Dayton, OH

Toggman

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I spoke with the organizer for the Dayton, OH contest over the weekend and he is looking for more teams. This is a first year comp and it got added to the KCBS list pretty late in the year, but it sounds like he is trying to put on a nice BBQ festival in addition to the contest. He said that he will have plenty of room for all of the teams and they are going to be in an area somewhat removed from the festival events so there will be less of problem with the public wanting to steal samples when you are building turn in boxes. He has a $5000 cash prize purse.

Also, I wanted to end any rumors going around that this was just a Competitors Series event. This is a full KCBS sanctioned event with all 4 categories and as long as we end up with at least 15 teams it will quality for the Jack and the Royal since this is a first time event.

I also spoke to him about the fact that I had heard from others that he was hard to get ahold of and he said to e-mail him and he will be happy to get back to people. His e-mail is chadmullins68@gmail.com.

He also still has a couple of spots left for teams that want to vend and compete so if you are looking for spot to vend you may want to get with him soon.

If anyone has any questions I will try to answer what I can.

This contest was also added to the GreatLakes BBQ Assn's Ohio qualifying contest list for the Team of the year event after the Xenia contest cancelled.

We signed up a few weeks ago.

We have talked to Chad a few times and haven't had a problem getting in touch with him.

They didn't have reps listed for a while but there are reps assigned now, so hopefully any teams that were holding off because of that will sign up now.

From what I can tell it looks like they are trying to put on a good contest. They had someone in Kettering shadowing the event to get an understanding of how the process works.

Back