The Obligatory CyberQ Wifi Infrastructure SOS

Tal

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Ok - SOOOOOOO.....

I broke down after a great deal of research and ordered the CyberQ-Wifi and was prepared for a challenge in terms of setting up infrastructure mode.

I'm not a total novice with computers or networks, but here is what happened -

I first hooked it up in Ad Hoc mode - no worries. Everything worked just fine.

Then, I got brave and followed Naked Whiz's instructions for setting up infrastructure mode. Things were going just fine - his post and pics were extremely helpful, and going as prescribed.

I got an IP address and verified by entering that IP address into my browser and all was well. I was pleased, and pridefully chuckling to myself as I thought of all the posts from people saying how difficult this was.

THEN, I got the the next step - I used my NETGEAR control panel to dedicate the IP address for my CyberQ. Everything seemed fine.

THEN - I did the same with the port forwarding and everything went in the tank. The internet here has been spotty to non-existent ever since. I have rebooted the router - and reset the router and the modem. It will work fine for a while, and then the internet goes down again.

My computer says I'm still connected to the internet, but I cannot navigate anywhere.

I undid the port forwarding - same problem.
I undid the dedicated IP address - same problem.

I unplugged the CyberQ and things worked fine - for a while and then the same thing started happening. Internet just continues to go out.

In a last ditch, I just reset the CyberQ to adhoc mode and unplugged it again. That is what has bought me the time to write this post.

Any advice/wisdom/guidance you have for me would be MOST welcomed!

I have a MacBook Pro, a Netgear Nighthawk Router, and we are using AT&T for our ISP.

HELP!!!!!!

As a quick Update - The return to Adhoc was not a fix - internet still cuts out. I can reboot the router and buy a few minutes, but that's it....

What do you mean by "the internet still cuts out"? When the CyberQ is connected to your home wifi can you access it from a computer that is also on you home wifi? that connection does not go over the internet. It stays within your home network.

Thanks, Ron

Thanks for replying - ever since hooking up the CyberQ, and doing the final steps of infrastructure mode, my internet service keeps crashing. If I reboot the modem, and I can buy a few minutes, but it will crash again.

Not sure what has happened... Frustrating!

ATT routers suck...if it's not connected anymore that is not the problem.

Back