Advice needed - New Braunfels off-set barrel smoker

That's an old Black Diamond and a good cooker!:wink: It looks like it's in really good condition and so far, without seeing it up close I'd say $100 is a good deal on it!:thumb:

If it's the 1/8" steel Buy it!! They aren't the easiest to cook on but they are one of the more fun units to cook with. An offset burping blue screams BBQ.

Last edited:
Sorry Mike SOLD, been watching since he listed it at least a month ago, seeing it here made me contact the seller which was less than 5 miles away, it is the heavier model made in USA and only has a few minor rust spots and he lined the bottom of the chamber and firebox with sheet metal for protection, the only thing i don't like is the cheap cooking racks and the firebox door has some gaps, looks prime for mods, will see what it takes as far as that is concerned. Oh by the way he took $75.00.

I see the Christmas spirit is in full effect. :x

Just kidding. Hey at least someone who will use it got it. Take some pics and cook something on it. Back to me crappy char-griller till I get the time to start learning on my mig.

Seems pretty dick to me. The guy was eyeing it for a month and didn't decide to jump on it until a fellow "brother" showed enough interest in it.

Moral to story

If your about to be in a crash either accelerate or brake, don't honk the horn⛳

Well,.. the good news is there are plenty of them out there. And, like you said, someone who will use it got it. No biggy, the universe has something else in mind for you. Smoke on brothers !

If it's the 1/8" steel Buy it!! They aren't the easiest to cook on but they are one of the more fun units to cook with. An offset burping blue screams BBQ.

These are the easiest things to cook with. And fun.... keep your wood intelligently sized as well as you bed of coals.

17dammit is on target that once you figure out how to get them blue...you are on target to great cue.... and one way to ensure that is to stick with THIS THERM ONLY!!!!!

tel-tru2.jpg

LOL Reminds me of when I came on here and said I was looking a t a few domain names. Then some guy bought it right out from under me. Now the name is worthless to me.

YOU SNOOZE YOU LOOZE.............

Kudos to Mike for being a Good Sport. Next Time if its that cheap just Buy It and THEN ask if its worth a Chit -- if it aint -resell it.

Back