Old fatty....

MartinM

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have today off. Since it's rainy season here I have been dancing between rain drops to get my fix cooking w fire.
Today I just put my smoker on the front porch so I can cook without dealing w pop ups etc. I'm only cooking some ribs for lunch but I thought I'd get these chubs of sausage out of my fridge at the same time,...

So my drums out front... I get the fire going smoke smelling real nice.. I get the chubs out of the fridge, slip a probe in one and out they go.

I come in to clean up after myself and as I'm dropping the wrapper in the trash I see 12/9/14.

Oops. These bad boys are older than I thought. They both had the use or freeze by 12/9/14. Neither smelled at all so I'm cookin them... They are officially old fatties :p

You gotta watch out for those old fatties. They can be particularly stubborn and difficult to deal with. Try playing some classic rock to appease them. LOL.

Sounds like a good lunch! Throw out some pics for the looky lou's .

They are almost done... Pics or it didn't happen... 127 and going up fast.. I pull at 135 cool slice and re fry ...

b7255f9b-0f7e-49fb-8f98-51682b90551a.jpg

Old fatty
I thought you were calling me names. :confused:

It's not name calling if it's true. I am old and fat, so I ain't mad... :mrgreen:

I take mine up to 160-165 and melt off some fat.... Health food.

I want it to melt off in the pan..
I like to fry my egg in the released grease :)
I tried up higher and it was better for sausage gravy. I couldn't get any fat off them in the pan. I miss the smoky flavor if I don't make a fatty first befor gravy now :)

Back