When to paint the UDS

Pieman007

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi Brethren

Almost got all the bits for my UDS , got a brand new unlined, unpainted, no rust inhibitor drum.....will create a build thread once done but I remember reading somewhere about when the best time to spray paint the drum.....but can I find the post :confused:

I am using stainless steel fittings etc, but I "think" I need to drill all my holes first the mask tape on the inside and the paint the outside.....is that the best way?

Any help gratefully received!!!! Thanks all

Yes, I would drill the holes first otherwise you stand to chip your paint. What paint are you using? Believe it or not I used the Rustoleum you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot. It has held up very well.

Yes, I would drill the holes first otherwise you stand to chip your paint. What paint are you using? Believe it or not I used the Rustoleum you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot. It has held up very well.

Yes...that was the brand I was looking at ........few good comments on Amazon UK....although it cost is a couple of quid more...
[ame="https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Painting-Supplies-Tools-Wall-Treatments/Rustoleum-AE0020003E8-400ml-Stove-BBQ-Paint-Green/B001W03POU"]400ml Stove & BBQ Paint Green: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools[/ame]

Back