Blues Hog Question

bdodd444

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am not having any luck finding Blues Hog here in Northern Virginia. I sent an email to the company asking for nearby retailers. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the original and red are similar to (if anything). I hate to spend all that money on shipping if it isn't something I am going to like. Thanks.

Brian

Greatlakesbbqsupply.com has it and they are members here!

The original is sweet and the red is spicy.
I like to mix them together for a bold taste.
I don't know anything to compare it too.
You might consider ordering from great lakes, grab some rubs while you are at it and then the shipping doesn't seem to be as much.
If you like the products find/ask a local store to start carrying them
jon

I like to call my dentist before I open the Blues Hog regular.

Its just common sense.

I just tried Blues Hog (original) for the first time a few weeks ago. VERY sweet with a strong black pepper finish. It's a thick, syrupy sauce...almost molasses like in texture.
It also has a fruity zing...what I first thought to be apricot flavor turns out to be Tamarind and lemon. Frankly, other than glazing chicken this sauce isn't my cup of tea. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks very much for the feedback. I am actually attending Great Lake's comp class in November. It may be worth stocking up and checking a bag on my way home. Thanks again.

I just tried Blues Hog (original) for the first time a few weeks ago. VERY sweet with a strong black pepper finish. It's a thick, syrupy sauce...almost molasses like in texture.
It also has a fruity zing...what I first thought to be apricot flavor turns out to be Tamarind and lemon. Frankly, other than glazing chicken this sauce isn't my cup of tea. Your mileage may vary.

I though it more of raspberry taste

mix the red and the regular together, spicy, sweet, thins it out, it's amazing.

I've got to try this mix. Sometimes I like the regular on ribs, sometimes it's just too sweet. There is something about it I like, though. I just wish it wasn't quite as sweet, and it definately needs to be thinner, especially for pork shoulder. The TN RED is like a sweet Lexington sauce, pretty good stuff on pork shoulder.

Besides mixing the regular with some red which is mighty fine, I often cut my regular BH with apple juice to thin it down some- this is also mighty fine.

Back