Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

What an excellent thread! Congrats on your success, and on the new place! Being in DelaWhere, I don't get out that way much, butt when I do, you are at the top of my go to list! Merry Christmas!

Like many, I came upon this thread by accident. Unlike many, I have not been able to find the time to read all of the posts. But, while returning home to WI from a holiday trip in CT, my wife and I took a slight detour and stopped in to grab a bite to eat. I was fortunate that we came on a day when they had burnt ends and chili on the menu. My eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach - we ordered burnt ends, chili, brisket, sausage, potato salad and cole slaw. Everything was great. The chili had a nice kick to it. The brisket was moist and flavorful. What we didn't eat we took home for lunch the next day. I highly recommend stopping by if you are ever in the area.

Congratulations on the new space - very exciting and it looks great. Best of luck with opening it up. I've been lurking on this thread from the start till the end and what a journey it's been for you.

I'm located in New York, so it's quite the distance, but I hope to visit the Prized Pig one day.

Dang. Finally made it to the end of this thread. Great read, congrats and good luck on the expansion!

Just finished all 198 pages. WOW, what a ride. Glad to see you're still kicking. And the yelp reviews look like people are still happy with what you're putting out. Only advice I'd have is try to address the ones that are bad on Yelp publicly. If I didn't know anything about the restaurant I'd think maybe you didn't care too much about the bad reviews based on what's up there. But after reading everything I know you care a lot and are spread pretty thin. Keep up the good work. If i ever find myself on that side of the country I'll for sure come check you out!

What a great thread...so nice to be able to see how you've progressed and I love that you don't sugar coat anything. Best of luck on the new place!

Just read on Facebook that the Prized Pig is closed until further notice..."couldn't be avoided." Oh no!!!

Ditto. Really bummed to see this, I made a special effort to try it a couple of years ago while on a road trip and it was worth it, really spectacular food.

Oh man, I read an update the other day that they were closed until further notice or something and now they are permanently closed. No updates on the new location either so yeah I'm kinda sad. I have been there once and planned on hitting them up again once or twice next week when I head Cleveland to South Bend area on business. :sad: (the girlfriend is gonna be sad too because she loved loved loved the Mac and Cheese I brought home last time)

<edit>He made the post on the 6th (day after super bowl??) that said they were temporarily closed until further notice and now what looks permanent. And right after they announced they were doing 7 days a week too. Something major and I really hope he and his family is OK.

Last edited:
Just read on Facebook that the Prized Pig is closed until further notice..."couldn't be avoided." Oh no!!!
They announced within the past 20 minutes or so that they are closed, will not be opening in the foreseeable future and will not be opening the second location they were working towards. Sad to hear.

Back