Marinated Chicken, heads and feet, live fire

tom b

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I cooked these "pollo rancheros" once before and they were great. I got them at a small Mexican market chain we have local here it is called Cardenas. Great meat section at this store and good prices too.

I started out with this seasoning and marinade, added some cut up onion, citrus and a little beer.

on to the santa maria

and we are spinning

had a glitch with the pulled and plated pics when my finger twitched a bit and I deleted them inadvertently from my phone

any how they turned out great thanks for looking!

Nice looking chicken!

I love that my iphone saves recently deleted photos that i can restore. Happens so many times i delete the wrong one. Sorry to hear about your mishap!

Nice job tom, I'm always messing up the pictures, always in a hurry it seems. Never get through the whole cook. Might get before cooking, during the cook and plated, but never all three LOL.

Damn. I was hoping for a cooked head shot! I just bought a bottle of that marinade, but haven't used it, yet. How long did you marinade the birds for?

Nice looking chicken!

I love that my iphone saves recently deleted photos that i can restore. Happens so many times i delete the wrong one. Sorry to hear about your mishap!

Thanks Matt, wish i had an I phone about now:doh:

Damn. I was hoping for a cooked head shot! I just bought a bottle of that marinade, but haven't used it, yet. How long did you marinade the birds for?

My first use of the marinade though I have used the seasoning before but just a few hours is all I had, but I think I would go overnight next time

Back