• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

que_dawg

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have seen a few comments/questions about Superior Smokers on here over the past few months. I wanted to let everyone know that we are working on getting Superior's website back up and running. Hopefully within the next few weeks we will have it together and I am excited to start doing business with as many brethren as possible in the near future. Joby and I will be working together to get things going again. The site should be up within the next couple of weeks. We have made a few changes to our cookers that I have heard many of you request, so I am excited to get started. Look for us in the vendor section soon. If you want more information please feel free to PM me.

Updates to Superiors Smokers

We changed the wheel config to be four 4 1/2" casters instead of the handtruck style config, moved the ball valve around to the side of the firebox added a rain cap on the smokestack, and added a pair of rails at the bottom to slid a grease pan into to catch your drippings. I will post some pictures later today.

Pictures

Here are a few pictures showing the updates to the cookers. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Side by Side.jpg
    Side by Side.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 657
  • Side by Side Open.jpg
    Side by Side Open.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 649
  • SS-1 Open.jpg
    SS-1 Open.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 654
  • SS-2 Open.jpg
    SS-2 Open.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 646
  • Ball Valve.jpg
    Ball Valve.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 644
  • Full Pan Fits.jpg
    Full Pan Fits.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 645
Meant to add in that these smoker updates look as if they have taken a page out Jeff Conley's Assassin Smoker design. No coincidence there, as he built Superior line for Joby at C&C. Don't know if that is still going to be the case?

The new design changes are great. Everyone here that knows me knows that I bleed Backwoods, however, I have had an opportunity to demo a new Superior SS-1. The are nice units. I'd put them up against the Stumps any day of the week. My team mate has a Stumps Stretch, I have an arsenal of Backwoods and now the new SS-1 and 2 is around the corner from my house....I'm smelling a side by side comparison and review coming on...Stumps Stretch, Superior SS-1 and a Backwoods Competitor. All similar in capacity and all popular units. That'd be cool.....

The new design changes are great. Everyone here that knows me knows that I bleed Backwoods, however, I have had an opportunity to demo a new Superior SS-1. The are nice units. I'd put them up against the Stumps any day of the week. My team mate has a Stumps Stretch, I have an arsenal of Backwoods and now the new SS-1 and 2 is around the corner from my house....I'm smelling a side by side comparison and review coming on...Stumps Stretch, Superior SS-1 and a Backwoods Competitor. All similar in capacity and all popular units. That'd be cool.....

I'm down with that. We'll make it happen, Brethren Style!

Ok, so I contacted everybody. Smoker Throw Down: Saturday January 26 is the date. We will feature a Stumps Stretch, a new Superior SS-1, and a new Backwoods Competitor. The format: Side by Side. We will light all 3 at the same time. We will cook 1 butt, 1 rack of ribs, and 1 whole chicken on each smoker....same recipe, prep method, etc. on each meat. We will compare time to cooking temp, recovery time on open pit, time to cook to meat doneness, fuel consumption on each pit, biscuit test on each, and we'll compare the meat when cooked (this part is subjective but we'll do our best to compare each..moisture, texture, flavor differences). We will also all use the same wood and charcoal. We will have PRON or each pit, the pit owner, and the progress of the Throw Down throughout the day.

This is gonna be fun!!!!

Oh yea, to be fair, we will be in Gainesville, GA. If there are any other pit manufacturers in the area that would like to throw thier pit in the Throw down, PM me, nadachance, or que dawg. Be nice to get a DW, Assassin, Rebel, and Pitmaker in as well.

Good stuff!

I'm definately interested in hearing recovery times and differences in smoke flavor.

Ok, so I contacted everybody. Smoker Throw Down: Saturday January 26 is the date. We will feature a Stumps Stretch, a new Superior SS-1, and a new Backwoods Competitor. The format: Side by Side. We will light all 3 at the same time. We will cook 1 butt, 1 rack of ribs, and 1 whole chicken on each smoker....same recipe, prep method, etc. on each meat. We will compare time to cooking temp, recovery time on open pit, time to cook to meat doneness, fuel consumption on each pit, biscuit test on each, and we'll compare the meat when cooked (this part is subjective but we'll do our best to compare each..moisture, texture, flavor differences). We will also all use the same wood and charcoal. We will have PRON or each pit, the pit owner, and the progress of the Throw Down throughout the day.

This is gonna be fun!!!!

Oh yea, to be fair, we will be in Gainesville, GA. If there are any other pit manufacturers in the area that would like to throw thier pit in the Throw down, PM me, nadachance, or que dawg. Be nice to get a DW, Assassin, Rebel, and Pitmaker in as well.

Now this is great. Wish I hadn't already ordered my stumps so I could make a decision based on this review. As a previous Backwoods gator owner, I can tell you I wouldn't buy another but I am curious to see how it works next to the stumps and others.

Back