My wife doesn't understand

Yea my wife doesn't bat an eye anymore. Well, within reason...I bought my WSM under the impression that it was waaaaaay cheaper than the Backwoods I was looking at lol

Ahhh, the old bait and switch. Almost forgot about that one. I wonder if it's been long enough to try it again? That's how I got my cabinet. "Honey the LSG is like $4k...um...maybe I should get the Abe's since its only $1,500. What do you think? " :laugh:

Ahhh, the old bait and switch. Almost forgot about that one. I wonder if it's been long enough to try it again? That's how I got my cabinet. "Honey the LSG is like $4k...um...maybe I should get the Abe's since its only $1,500. What do you think? " :laugh:

Hahahaha yep! I shocked her with the price and told her, I have a savings account set up already, should have enough by the end of the year lol. She was like "How much is it again?!?" when a good WSM came up she was actually wanting to help me buy it hahaha

I understand your wife's point and don't comprehend why you need another smoker.

I however always wanted and WSM and suggest you send it to me as I need
another cooker :becky:

Haha. I don't my wife it isn't about need, its about WANT.

As long as I keep the great BBQ in my wife's plate she never says a word when I buy another cooker.:becky:

The sad thing is my wife while she says the BBQ is great, she doesn't crave it like I do... something about it not being "green"? Anyone ever heard of it? :noidea:

It's a spare for when your original goes belly up -you always need a spare.
And why did you even mention it - just show up with it.

Good thought... should have done that. But she has the SUV and was coming with me to pick it up. Would have been a little strange when she saw me loading the WSM in her car without telling her first.

Yea my wife doesn't bat an eye anymore. Well, within reason...I bought my WSM under the impression that it was waaaaaay cheaper than the Backwoods I was looking at lol

Yeah the sad thing now is I am looking at a Humphreys and BW :eusa_clap

picture.php

:clap2::thumb:

Yeah I would ask does she need another "xyz" with whatever her hobby/passion is? The shoe cliche normally works, but not all women are as into shoes as others.

The sad thing is my wife while she says the BBQ is great, she doesn't crave it like I do... something about it not being "green"? Anyone ever heard of it? :noidea:
You can make BBQ green.

When it comes to doing unnatural things with BBQ, Gore is your man. Consult with him on how to make Green BBQ

I am sure his advice will lead you down the road to Happy Wife land

Every time Mrs. Spectator fusses about my cooking gear, I respond with, "Hey, I don't do drugs, gamble, or chase women. I play with meat."

She sick of hearing it....

My wife, The Incomparable Sunflower, was the person that got me started on smoking meat in the first place. She was sure I would enjoy it, and she was right. (as usual)

I have decided on my next smoker (an OKJ Longhorn) and if she could fit it in her car she would have brought it home already.

She is one of a kind.....

My wife says little about my cooking habit, my car habit on the other hand.
This weekend:
Her:"What's this charge for?"
Me: "Oh, that's the deposit for my wheels."
Her: "That's just the deposit?"

Yes, she was aware she just didn't remember.

I disagree. We use all natural materials..metal, wood, fire. We are recycling dead animals into tasty meals. Some guys even make their cookers out of old propane tanks, oil tanks, used drums, etc. Sounds green to me. :becky:

Back