• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kingsford Comp

I have not tried it yet. Is it close enough to pure lump to be worth a try?

J Crunch,

Does your Costco always carry the K comp? Mine has only ever had regular blue bag K...I am looking at switching to lump for grilling and as a base of coals for my offset. If my Costco carries this I might just make the switch. Curious, btw, us Yankees get screwed by our regionally minded store folk. Not a big demand for Que up here, BUT its growing, I'm proof of that. A year ago I thought BBQ chicken was gasser chicken breasts basted in KC Masterpiece sauce. So glad I'm not "that" guy anymore.

Our Costco stores down here keep the comp as a seasonal item. I have never seen the blue bag in any of the stores.

Got a score earlier in the week for the 11.5 lb bags of KC at Home Depot, they are clearing it out for just $2.29 a bag. Not going to carry it anymore.

Scott

I've heard a lot of people don't like kingsford comp, but it's mostly what I've used in my WSM and it's performed very nicely for me.

I like it in my WSM for hot and short cooks, or for grilling on the Char Griller.

I am not a big fan of it for long cooks in the WSM. It burns out too quickly.

Got a score earlier in the week for the 11.5 lb bags of KC at Home Depot, they are clearing it out for just $2.29 a bag. Not going to carry it anymore.

Scott

Yeah, it looks like my HD will not be carrying it this year either. I'll be sure to
ask the Kingsford folks what's up with the distribution changes when I see
them next month.

I certainly hope that I can get it somewhere locally.

John

Tried the stuff once. Don't like the smell of it when initially lit, and still think way to much ash. I'll stick with lump.

Back