IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL*** "COMFORT FOOD!"*** Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new November Special TD category is...

Comfort Food!

1880586_silverfinger.jpg

This was Silverfinger's winning entry in the 2011 "Cheese" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. This is an open category, meaning you can cook anything you like that conforms to the category.

Standard Throwdown rules apply.

3. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/31 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 12/1/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 12/1.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Is Southern Comfort a necessity? I might have to head out to Spain and see if I can find a bottle!

:bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored:

So, looks like we can enter muffins for this and the "I'd hit that!" TD.

It appears from this diagram that it is on the "muffin" setting already. :thumb:

2012-06-29_201811_untitled.jpg

Is it done yet? :confused:

Is this just southern comfort food or just any comfort food? Coming from a Filipino heritage my versions of comfort food are different than most Americans :p

Any comfort food that fits the standard TD rules, aawa...

It is a very broad category. My comfort food is Pizza. That usually means I ordered it and my butt is stuck in the recliner. But, broad categories are good.

I've got an idea for something I have never tried...

Back