Need pros and cons to sway the Wifey

Wickedcajun

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Am seriously thinking of getting a flower pot... Maybe moving OTS to the lease, pros and cons to argue my case with the bosslady... Help a brotha out!!

What kind of flowers would you put in it? If you plant the kind she likes, she's less likely to be upset.

:becky:

OK... Assuming by flower pot you mean a kamado-style cooker, tell her how versatile they are. I love my Big Green Eggs because I can smoke at almost any temp, including cold smoking, grill at lava temperatures, roast meats and bake breads,etc. and make great pizzas.

An old friend once said that "a Big Green Egg costs more than it should, but it is worth more than it costs!"

Am seriously thinking of getting a flower pot... Maybe moving OTS to the lease, pros and cons to argue my case with the bosslady... Help a brotha out!!

You are looking to find a way to reason with your wife?
:shocked:

Just go save 2x whatever the amount you want to spend, and use that extra amount to buy her shoes, handbags, whatever she normally blows the money on without worrying about consulting with you first.

LOL, sorry brother, obviously I have no idea what I am talking about here, I have managed to live my 37 years thus far without having any kind of responsibility, I just draw my suggestions from watching the broken and crushed hopes and dreams of my married friends.

An old friend once said that "a Big Green Egg costs more than it should, but it is worth more than it costs!"
That's deep right there.

Pros

Long cooks with minimum fuss. I've cooked for 15 hours on one load of lump.
It is esthetically pleasing.
Versatile

Take her to a demo. I went to my first last month at my dealer. Although he cooked 0 of anything I liked, I enjoyed it.

Cons

Cost (duh)
Accessories. You will want some.
weighs a ton
you will want another one.

180 opposite from OP. Yesterday at the range I noticed she was shooting the high dollar ammo instead of practice ammo. I've never been prouder. But there are marriages as pictured below, I'll say a prayer. Then you take the little lady by the hand and ask her to help you decide between Primo, Egg, KJ etc. Present the options as "which one" not "if".

Last edited:
Just make sure you don't leave any meat in there to spoil and become maggot ridden. The story goes that once that happens, they are IMPOSSIBLE to clean both physically and mentally. Unless of course the damage is somewhat more negligable and it is all a ruse in an atempt to con the spousal unit into agreeing to purchase another smok-e-mabobber.

What's the matter with you, tell her who's the boss, and that you don't need her permission to buy anything. Then do what ever she says, like the rest of us. Good luck!

All posts are much appreciated... Thanks, will plead my case next week... Have to
get my docket in order...

Just go save 2x whatever the amount you want to spend, and use that extra amount to buy her shoes, handbags, whatever she normally blows the money on without worrying about consulting with you first.

I have found Michael Kors to be very helpfull in this situation. If you follow up witha JimmyChoo you are golden.

Just make sure you don't leave any meat in there to spoil and become maggot ridden. The story goes that once that happens, they are IMPOSSIBLE to clean both physically and mentally. Unless of course the damage is somewhat more negligable and it is all a ruse in an atempt to con the spousal unit into agreeing to purchase another smok-e-mabobber.
Considering you can run those suckers up to almost 1000 degrees, I don't believe that for a second.

If it gets funky, cleanse it with fire.

What is this 'ask the wife' garbage? STEP UP! A real man buys what he wants, hides the evidence, sneaks it in piece by piece and lies like a rug about the cost.

I've tried both ways and if you lie it always comes back to bite you. Better off being up front.
In my case, my wife doesn't give me a lot of BS as long as it is within reason. Now to buy a BGE or other Kamado type, then I would definitely have to get her opinion. She may say no but usually comes around at some point.

Pros: you get another new toy you really want
Cons:you sleep alone out by the Flower pot
you get cut off
you dipped into the SHOE MONEY
you end up drinking more to drown your sorrows
your wife asks for a divorce
Pros Update: Buy the Pot! Drinking to excess eating BBQ off a pit that you want beats, Honey do and you want to buy what? You drink to much! Great we are having BBQ for dinner AGAIN!! All to hell. :cool:

What is this 'ask the wife' garbage? STEP UP! A real man buys what he wants, hides the evidence, sneaks it in piece by piece and lies like a rug about the cost.

lol, I thought I was the only one that operated like that :)

When it doubt, get rid of the packaging and tell her that you got it for next to nothing at a garage sale.

lol, I thought I was the only one that operated like that :)

When it doubt, get rid of the packaging and tell her that you got it for next to nothing at a garage sale.

Better yet, tell her its a curb find. "I was just riding around the country club honey...."

I don't own one and find it hard to swallow when that price tag hangs as heavy as it does. But that's the only bad thing I've heard about them.

If you buy a BGE from one of their dealers is comes with a lifetime warranty to the original buyers.

Take your index finger and point at her , then just tell her how it is.... if ya can take a video of it and post it back:-D

Back