PBC Brisket, Ribs, Chicken and Pig Shots

Brew-Bq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Fired up the PBC at work for our Xmas party. First Brisket for me, followed the PopDaddy Tri-Level Rub process complete w Grace Jones Rub Grabber and a healthy dose of Butt Glitter. Brisket was a bit dry but everything else was pretty good. First attempt at Pig Shots and wont be the last! Made me appreciate the more experienced Q'ers I know who do it so much better.

Last edited:
More Pron.

Attachments

• bbq 179.jpg
    bbq 179.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
And for one day I was the greatest Boss ever! It was a good time. Our welders were lucky enough to be doing a job for us during the feast so they got some bonus Q. My Dad brought Mike Mills BBq beans and some slaw so it was a full spread. Man those beans were good!

Photos look great. When you have time can you explain your "dry" brisket further?? Weight in pounds-
Hang time, wrap time and wrap temp if any, brisket grade, grain or grass fed, rest time etc?

I pretty much followed Pitmaster T's PBC cook video w the big exception of not having any butcher paper. Choice,13lbs pre trim, PBC at 275-290F for 4 hours til bark looked good, 157 internal. Pulled and put in the foil pan covered tight, stuck it on the Weber Kettle at 300F for another 1.5 -2hrs, my Dad probed it and said it was tender and IT was 202. Put in cooler for about another 90 minutes and served. Just seemed a bit tough and dry but not too bad, everyone loved it but Im used to my buddy's nice juicy Brisket. There was a lot of juice in the pan after and I did not add any when I foiled.

It sounds like the brisket could have cooked a little longer. Tough and dry usually means it was undercooked.

Thanks for the input, for my first time I wasnt expecting perfection and I was on a bit of a time crunch. Im pretty hard on myself, or realistic about my Q so Im always trying to learn from guys who already know what they are doing. I did like the bark I got from the Tri-level rub, though I think I put too much Cumin in the Butt Glitter. I used the Glitter on the chicken and ribs to and liked it alot. Chicken was pretty damn good. Next time I'll try a little longer and wont have to worry about time. U think more time foiled or hanging in the PBC or both? I really should have probed it myself so I had a baseline but I was juggling all the other stuff.

I am no brisket expert either (yet), but probably more time foiled.

Tough and dry = undercooked
Dry and crumbly = overcooked.

Juicy and delicious = Just right...

Back