Had a wing moment .....

frog13

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Kinda gloomy today and I had a bag of wings in the freezer, so I thought why not? So, got them thawed out, rubbed half with Memphis magic dust and the other half with Mad Hunky Hot Whang mixed with brown sugar. Into the smoker and now the rest is history, including the wings. They were great and went plenty fast. Served them with a variety of dipping sauces. A nice quick Sunday BBQ fix.

Attachments

• 20140413_122905.jpg
    20140413_122905.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 20140413_143219.jpg
    20140413_143219.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 272
I have to try wings on the uds. Havent done that yet. Looks delicious.

Not a bad Sunday idea at all! I have a load of wings in the freezer I need to get out and cook soon.

I do love me some wings.

How'd you cook them? I like raised direct.

Man those look great! I love Mad Hunky's wing rub. Good stuff!!

I do love me some wings.

How'd you cook them? I like raised direct.
Smoked these at 240 until they were just about done, then raised temp to 275 to crisp them up some. I got a few that had a little black on them from the 275 and the sugar in the rub, I should have moved them around some more while they were cooking, I have a small hot spot in the smoker. All in all though, they tasted just fine ....

Grilled Wings!

First, I'm thrilled to find a community that appreciates grilled wings vs fried!

Second, this doesn't bother me in the slightest:

...I got a few that had a little black on them from the 275 and the sugar in the rub, I should have moved them around some more while they were cooking, I have a small hot spot in the smoker.

I actually want my wings to get a little dark (though I typically cook over direct heat) before I toss them in various sauces (usually a "doctored" buffalo or Jamaican Jerk). That's just me.

Great looking grub!
SD

Back