• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Farkin Beef prices

pahutchens

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I've moved to Eau Claire and this was the first I needed to buy ground beef in a while. Went to local grocery store chain. Nice choices, regular, ground chuck and ground sirloin. My bride say grab some of the chuck. 4.79 a lb :tsk:
Plain ground beef was 4.29 :confused:

BUT sirloin roasts were 3.98 and my wife found some chuckies for 3.09.
Bought the chuckies because I have a meat grinder :becky:

Was used to Costco frozen chubs for about 2.10 a lb last time I bought

Nice thinking, go figure the ground costs more than the whole muscle

I think we are all feeling the pinch. Beef brisket (packer), angus is $4.90/lb! I've done one brisket this year and may only do one or two more if the prices don't come down. Paying almost $60 for a brisket is insane in my opinion.

Did some price checking yesterday. Walmart had full brisket packers for 2.98lb. these were labeled from Excel no other info. The grocery store's packers were 4.99lb for choice.

We are in for a rough summer for meat pricing. We have the drought out in the West and the pig disease killing all the little ones. Scary stuff.

Looks like a BBQ chicken kind of summer :sad:

I'll say, a freezer is looking mighty tempting, just to take advantage should a good price come along

That is a crazy price on ground. I walked out of the store yesterday in total protest over paying $4.08/lb for ground. I didn't even bother looking at anything else. I just grabbed, cursed and walked. Needless to say, the burgers alone I cooked last night were $20.... :doh:

Back