What am I missing? Trailer Question

Cforand

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, wanted to take a second and introduce myself. My name is Craig Forand and I am the owner of Forand Family Barbecue. We are a small set up in East Texas. Currently we are filming a series of videos on how to make great bbq using an electric smoker. Yes, I know its not for the purest, but I have a ton of buddies that have them and have no idea how to use them. We will continue to film moving up to different pits as we go.

Anyway, here is my question. Our local government has just passed a Food Truck/Trailer law that will allow them in our city. I am in the market for a trailer and came across this....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-8-5x20-...-Food-Vending-BBQ-Porch-Trailer-/121952786229

I am well aware that this is a bare bones rig, but what am I missing? Has anyone bought one of these and does anything jump out at you that I have missed?

Thanks for taking time to read this, hope to get to know more of you.

I do not have one of Diamond Cargo's vending trailers but I have looked at them while at their plant waiting to have work done on one of their enclosed trailers that I own. They are a bare bones, entry level trailer.

If you are looking for a trailer to tow and use often, I would look elsewhere honestly. The fit and finish is fair at best. They are built on an assembly line, if they are screwing something on and the screw misses the crossmember it is close enough, no time to put in another. Caulking is their friend, if a moulding or sheet is a little shy caulk will fill the space. need to support wires from front to back under the trailer, just burn a hole with a torch and run them through, no grommet, no grinding smooth, let the wires hang on the metal crossmember. I have one of their top line Gatortail 40' gooseneck enclosed trailers and it has been back to the plant 3X for repairs and I just finally said good enough I am not messing with it any more. It has double side doors in it and when they cut the opening it was no where cose to square and then they built the doors square so they leaked, had to recut a larger opening, reframe, make new doors etc.etc.

If money is an issue it will get you a trailer, for 2K-3K more you can really get something with much more value.

Also check, I did not read all of the ebay post but you may have to pick it up in Ga. or pay a little over a $1 a mile to get it to you. I picked mine up at the plant as it is only 3 hours from home, it was an eye opening experience. If you do go to the plant, check your tires the minute you leave there as there are enough sheet metal screws on the ground and parking lots to build 50 trailers :shock:

Back