THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob Wiley

is one Smokin' Farker
I was in the GFS store a while back and decided to try a bag of their lump.

Lighting the BGE up I noticed a piece of black shale looking stuff. Glad I removed it because it was a piece of asphalt tile.

Didn't see anymore so I let her rip. Lots of black smoke and acrid smell ensued.

Gonna burn her out and load with ozark oak.

??? Odd, I use it and have nothing but praise for it. The whole bag is usable pieces with little dust and crumbs. Never had black smoke, I'd take it back

It's kind of like food poisoning, you can't stand even the thought of that food for months or years.

Well, right now I can't even stand the thought of GFS lump. I don't want a refund. I just want to purge that nastiness from the BGE.

I've got a tenderloin roast waitin' to go on the grill.

I used to use GFS lump all the time. Heard it was made by Royal Oak, but can't confirm. About two years ago, I started finding all kinds of things in the bag. Rocks, paper, unburned wood, etc. Nothing as nasty as you found though. Went back to Royal Oak in the green bag from Menards, and haven't looked back.

It took a whole 2 loads of charcoal to burn out the smell.

Beef tenderloin turned out great.

At least it turned out good for you in the end. Got sick on peanut butter one time, and it was years before I could even say the word without feeling sick at my stomach.

Have a Blessed day!

Omar

I've gotten rocks, pieces/chunks of tire, unable to figure out what some of the pieces were in GFS lump.

Back