• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Campfire Chili, Cornbread, Poke Chops and Chicken Legs

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Well, my firepit is growing some purty tomatoes at the moment, so I cleared a little area in the new flower bed and went to work! :grin:
CampfireCook016_zps602f0939.jpg

CampfireCook017_zpsf60ee274.jpg

CampfireCook002_zps8551c406.jpg

Went with some mesquite lump and some pecan.
Was gonna use the tripod to hang the DO, but since I had a lot of leftover chicken and poke chops from our tailgate yesterday, decided to just go with the camping grate.
CampfireCook003_zps2688430d.jpg

Lil bit of lard to get the party started!
CampfireCook004_zpsff5b0a23.jpg

CampfireCook006_zpsc47ae228.jpg

Some turkey stock and Ancho chile concentrate.
CampfireCook005_zpsbcd6231e.jpg

Also added some chile powder, paprika, garlic and onion powder and cumin.

I added some beans and blackeye peas........cause I like em!:heh: Cornbread had a can of corn and cheese added to it.
CampfireCook009_zpsddf1882a.jpg

All plated up. Added some peppers from the garden to make it look purty!
CampfireCook013_zps109ebce6.jpg

CampfireCook011_zps9df5713b.jpg

CampfireCook015_zps82d80e81.jpg

Also grilled up some legs and chops for dinner during the week.
CampfireCook019_zps9cded833.jpg

It was another really nice Sunday! Thanks for looking!
Got a thumbs up from Lil Bobby B! I'll take that. :)
WP_20140907_005_zps9762060c.jpg

Bob

Last edited:
Thanks!

Thanks everyone. We are tailgating again next weekend, so who knows what kind of leftovers I'll have then! :biggrin1:
We had smofried turkey legs, fried zucchini, fried chicken, Philly cheesesteaks, ribeyes. I made some bruschetta, a fatty served on a biscuit with pepper jack cheese, I made some roadside chicken and chops. We had TONS of food that went uncooked.
Next weekend, I'd doing some planked salmon, we have someone else making whole fried black bass, enchiladas, and the menu isn't even finished yet. :twitch::becky:
I'll see what specials come out this week and go from there. Reason I made the legs was because they were on sale for .69lb and center cut chops for 1.79lb.
Thanks again!

Bob

Bob, if there was any way that I could make it to that next tailgate, I would be there in a New York minute!! Your food looks great, and your son is so handsome. My oldest grandson will be 9 years old on the 16th and your son makes me think of him.

Bob, if there was any way that I could make it to that next tailgate, I would be there in a New York minute!! Your food looks great, and your son is so handsome. My oldest grandson will be 9 years old on the 16th and your son makes me think of him.

Thank you, Toni! If you make it within that New York minute, you are more than welcome at our tailgate party! :thumb:

Any party that starts with lard is bound to be a good 'un!

Great looking cook there Bob - I'd hit all that!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back