• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Texas Party

Billy Roo's BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Fun Fact: Today's inauguration of Texas' new Gov. Greg Abbott will feature a barbecue on the Capital grounds for 17,000 people. They are serving a mile of sausage, 800 Briskets and 4,000 pounds of chicken. All in 45 minutes. How's that for a party!

GO TEXAS :)

Fun Fact: Today's inauguration of Texas' new Gov. Greg Abbott will feature a barbecue on the Capital grounds for 17,000 people. They are serving a mile of sausage, 800 Briskets and 4,000 pounds of chicken. All in 45 minutes. How's that for a party!

GO TEXAS :)

God bless Texas, brother.

Are you sure you aren't talking about the family reunion I had last summer?:razz:

Yeah buddy! I heard about that yest. They had not broke it down to the amounts for each, just stated "1000's of pounds of meat". Can you imagine how awesome/stressful/time consuming/relaxing/fun/tiring that would be???!! ( the cook ) How cool. I wanna do one... LOL :p

I wonder how many pits and pitmasters it took?... or rather... how many they used?

I hope they have vegan and vegetarian options as well. Oh wait, this is Texas--load up the meat and roll the smoke boys!!! WOO! :grin:

I hope they have vegan and vegetarian options as well. Oh wait, this is Texas--load up the meat and roll the smoke boys!!! WOO! :grin:

No, you aren't too far off. It's in Austin.

Michael Kiolbassa was on the radio this morning, said he was donating 400# beef/jalapeno sausage. No pork sausage, "Beef, because this is Texas" was his quote. He was all fired up about doing it too. TEXAS BABY !!!

Back