Smoking a small picnic on my Kettle. Pron inside

Bluebyyou

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just a small 5lb picnic.

A little butt injection the night before. I'm pretty new to smoking so I have a recipe from the Internetz.

Getting ready for some butt rubbin. That fat cap is not a thick as it looks in pic. It just looks big in pic.

Indirect method with some Kingsford Green. Using some Apple chips. Having graduated to using chunks yet. Still learning:hail:

Ready for a nice Sunday

Hour 1. temps holding around 240-250.

Hour 2. Basting

Hour 4.

Who says babysitting is bad?

Currently on Hour 6. Temp at 165 and holding. Took it out and wrapped it foil. Added some charcoal.

In progress.......

Some smoke ring on there. Serving it up with some Oven roasted garlic potatoes.
Thanks for looking!

Yes, looks great. I would say you are ready to matriculate to wood chunks, at least. Well done.

After the picture of your back yard, I had to back track to see where you are from! Should have known it was Florida from the sunshine. We finally had a couple of days of sunshine, (but still cold for us) after what has seemed like months of dreary cold wet weather. If I could drag the wife with me, I would move to Florida in heart beat.

Now back on topic, that is some great looking pork you have cooked up there. I need to get me a good butt to cook for some tamales before I forget what good tamales taste like. Gee, I miss South Texas and some authentic tamales! Congrats on a great cook!

Omar

Back