Super Bowl Plans!

1000OaksSmoker

Reaction score
Folks,
I know I may be a week early, but I'm sure most of you are already thinking about the Big Game!
What are you're cook plans for game?
GS

Abt's and Moinks for sure. The rest is still up in the air.

No idea! Glad you posted this,maybe I will get some awesome ideas from the responses.I am burned out on all the usuals. :cry:

All I've got planned so far is twice cooked wings (smoked then fried then sauced) and probably a butt for sammies.... Probably more fried food as that's generally the only day I whip out the deep fryer.... And dip - cuz everyone likes dip....
GS

Even though we do enjoy good Q .... if we do anything, it will probably be pizza.

That said, we are not all that pumped about this SB game

MY Paln; is to not watch the Stupidbowl, I boycot all sports that use balls just a bunch of overpaid losers begging for attention at your expense. On the food side I'm thinking BEERSSSsss and Pulled Pork enchiladas, refried BBQ beans and a few ABT's.

I have a few people to cook for: 16lb Brisket, 20lbs Pulled Pork, Beans

Myself I'm thinking some wings, adult beverages, pulled pork, and some DEFLATED Armadillo Eggs! Hey its the new fad for championship games......... :mrgreen:

That sounds amazing. What is your recipe?

Matt

It's SIMPLE and delicious.

-Smoked brisket, anyway you like it (I have a friend who does smoked chuck roast also with good results). Chopped to your liking.

-1 small can diced tomatoes, Ro-tel if you want spicier. DRAIN water from can.

-1-2 jars queso or nacho cheese dip

-1 can hormel or chili man chili without meat, just beans

-shredded cheese (your choice, I like cheddar jack). I start with 1/2 cup then add as needed to thicken.

I put them all in a crock pot on low for an hour or so, then warm. Serve with tortilla chips. Some people mix in a little corn starch to thicken, but I've never really needed it. I just add more shredded cheese.

It's been a crowd pleaser.

My sister in-law and I are doing a chili cook off. I'm planning on smoking a chuck roast the day before, and use that instead of ground beef. I might do some ribs, and a pizza fatty also.

I have a few people to cook for: 16lb Brisket, 20lbs Pulled Pork, Beans

Myself I'm thinking some wings, adult beverages, pulled pork, and some DEFLATED Armadillo Eggs! Hey its the new fad for championship games......... :mrgreen:
Better get a hold of Bill Bellacheat to make sure you get the calibration correct. :nod:

I've been asked to do a couple briskets for a coworkers party and I might do one for myself or just some ribs. Either way, I finally got my hands on some butcher paper so I'm going to give that a shot on everything.

Folks,
I know I may be a week early, but I'm sure most of you are already thinking about the Big Game!
What are you're cook plans for game?
GS
I plan on smoking a chicken or perhaps trying Cowgirls Chinese pork roast recipe while reading the latest Tom Clancy novel.

Hate both teams, but the SB party is tradition in my house, so we will cook and eat and drink anyways!

Last year did a brisket and a couple pork butts. Will probably do the same thing, though I'm tempted to try something else and mix it up.

Oh, and most likely do some HDD wings while the big meats are resting.

I got a 4 pack of pork cushions from a buddy, so I'm planning on smoking them up with a pork butt and maybe giving chicken lollipops a shot too. Maybe some wings and mac n cheese too. With this much food and not really anyone coming by, I'm really looking forward to putting my new food saver into action!

having some friends over.

DEFINITELY BEERS
beer cheese stuffed chicken fingers
cheesesteak fingers
parmesan ranch buffalo wings

not smoking anything...but should get rowdy

Back