Sunday rib practice.

Ayvatr

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I haven't fired up the SF lately so,since it was 75deg today, I thought it would be a good excuse to do a practice cook with some baby backs and spares.

Attachments

• IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1179.jpg
    IMG_1179.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 237
Thanks JTQ! I like your gourmet turkey and fixins. I have a similar size bird in cold storage and will follow your lead in a couple of weeks. Nice job?:clap2:

Hey, those were my first loli pops. I'm looking at possibly going this rout in our next comp. Any thoughts?

Yes, please!

Those bones and bird look excellent.

Beautiful day with delicious results.

Couple ribs in one hand and a couple of those lolipops in the other and I would be good to go. Pretty groceries right there.

Curious what your technique is for baby backs?? I've only done a few racks on my smoker since I got it about a year ago and I haven't been too impressed with the results. I've got my brisket dialed in though! So if you don't mind sharing… What temp, and for how long, and do you wrap them, and is so for how long?

Curious what your technique is for baby backs?? I've only done a few racks on my smoker since I got it about a year ago and I haven't been too impressed with the results. I've got my brisket dialed in though! So if you don't mind sharing… What temp, and for how long, and do you wrap them, and is so for how long?

Basically the same time line for babies as for spares. 250 for 3 hours, wrap and juice for 1 hour and take a peek to see how you're doing. Spares were ready to sauce and set and I left the babies in the wrap for an additional 30 minutes. Put both back on for 30 minuets to finish.
I hope this helps!
Rub....our own
Sauce....Blues Hog

Back