2lbs crawfish tails (w/fat) ideas needed!

Mrtodd777

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just received a couple pounds of some peeled crawfish tail meat. I am ready to cook. Any ideas brethren? I was thinking etoufee, maybe crawfish cakes... Yall are the best when it comes to ideas for something new or different. Thanks guys.

Either one of those would be great! Also crawfish pies or crawfish bisque. There are many ways to go with it. Can't wait to see whatcha make Mrtodd! :grin:

Etoufee would work. If they aren't cooked, fry them up and have some crawfish poboys. Or you could make crawfish stuffed mushrooms if they are cooked already. Yum! Oh don't forget crawfish jambalaya. :biggrin1:

Edit: Hey Toast I grew up in Shreveport!

That all sounds terrific, but I'm with Dadeo. I would just get some drawn butter and a fork and have at it.

Sautéed in lemon butter. Then mixed in with cream cheese to a mud bug butter consistency. Sit down with a loaf of garlic bread and a bottle of Tabasco. Shmear it on bread, apply hot sauce. Beer

Sautéed in lemon butter. Then mixed in with cream cheese to a mud bug butter consistency. Sit down with a loaf of garlic bread and a bottle of Tabasco. Shmear it on bread, apply hot sauce. Beer

Yeah what he said. Well accept the Tabasco. ....gotta be Louisiana hot sauce or Crystal hot sauce (if you can get it) yum!

You guys have some great ideas, can't wait to try them all!

Drool..... I so wish I could get fresh bugs still..... May I humbly suggest that you make crawdaddy grits....seriously, find a good grits recipe and do it, breakfast or dinner. So farking good.

Yeah what he said. Well accept the Tabasco. ....gotta be Louisiana hot sauce or Crystal hot sauce (if you can get it) yum!

Tabasco is made at Avery Island Louisiana USA. I get confused by capital letters, or lack thereof.

We used to bake the bugs in garlic biscuits serve with red beans and rice with andouille sausage. Think every Monday I lived in La

Back