Spot-on Brisky (w/ pron)

Pj- yep, 18 hrs total @ 225, minus the first 3-4 hrs where temps peaked above 450.

Thoey- I should be able to pull it off again, I'll just have to remember to be patient. I have a big smoke coming up next weekend, for my parents 45th anniversary. This'll be the first time I get to cook for my entire family, whereas my uncle, whom is supposed to be the mainly pitmaster, will get to see his reign come to an end ;)

Toymaster- yes it was DELICIOUS! My wife's friends said they don't like brisket (blasphemy) but that if they could get brisket like that they would eat it every day!

Bbq1980- I mainly used the water pan to deflect the heat. The temp spike in the beginning scared the bajesus out of me, but I think the consistent low n slow is where I nailed it. Most of my flats in the past have been overdone or dry, but I have chased temps all over the place as well.

Mike- what did I learn?... LOW AND SLOW!! Patience, if you're lookin you ain't cooking, don't panic, KCCO!

Trucker- surprising enough I used pecan chunks from HEB.

Brbbq- they just built a Costco down the road which has made HEB keep prices kinda low. Haven't been over 3.50/lb for prime, but generally around 2.50 /lb for choice. They had some Meyer All Natural Prime for $5.00/ lb but I couldn't put the trigger; plus the wife woulda killed me. Wally World is normally 2.50-3.00 /lb for choice.

Q-junkie- I was surprised that I got that much rest too!!!

Thanks everyone else for all of the compliments.

Now, off to get these ribs done for today!

B-Bo

Patience is the key. Good luck next week. Sure they will love it...

Back