"Mind of a Chef" on PBS

PaSmoker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Watched a great episode last nite with Argentinian chef Francis Mallmann...different techniques on cooking with live fire...a well done production and worth a look if you can find it on TV...

From PBS - Fire is the most elemental part of a kitchen -- without it, food would simply be eaten, never "cooked." And yet in the post-Nouvelle-Cuisine age, food and fire have become distant from one another. Ed travels to Argentina to visit Francis Mallmann, the country's most esteemed chef and the godfather of open-flame cooking, on his private island nestled in the foothills of the Andes. While on La Isla for three days, Francis and Ed create a feast that reunites the simplest -- and arguably the best -- ingredients and cooking techniques. Armed with fire, smoke, meat and salt, Ed relishes this once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Preview...
http://video.pbs.org/video/2365320578/

i love this show. we are only on season 2. i need to go back and try to catch the season 3 shows we missed and dvr them.

Just discovered this show thanks to ^^^^THAT GUY^^^^.
I'll have to dig up more of it.

I like these kinds of shows where it's more than JUST about the recipes.

It's a great show, I was addicted with David Chang, but, season two with Sean Brock was great, love that guys cooking sensibility.

Also met Francis Mallman and had a dinner at an open hearth event inspired by him, what a cool dude.

crap. we don't get pbs on uverse? crazy..... i guess i'll have to wait for season 4 on netflix......

It's a great show, I was addicted with David Chang, but, season two with Sean Brock was great, love that guys cooking sensibility.

Also met Francis Mallman and had a dinner at an open hearth event inspired by him, what a cool dude.

when i saw david didn't do season two, i was a bit disapponted for about five minutes into the first episode with sean.

That was a good one! Strolled through Netflix and watched a couple other BBQ themed episodes from past seasons.

I watched a couple of the barbecue themed ones last night and really enjoyed it.

Thanks for the heads up!

Netflix has season 1 and 2 if you search for it.

Back