2 lb. bacon wrap + 10 lb. stuffed pork loin = Mmmmmmm

enasnidx

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Been a while since I've posted! I get pretty caught up in fantasy football season and combined with my MBA online, I just lose time to devote to the Brethren. Sorry.

Here's a loin I did a couple months ago. We were up at a cabin my in-laws rented, so I was stuck using a gasser :shocked:. You work with what you got right?

Anyway, I picked up a 10 lb. pork loin for dinner. Made a bacon weave with 2 lbs. of el-cheapo bacon. I saved a little of the bacon and diced it up with onions and apples for the stuffing. I butterflied the pork loin and stuffed it with the sauteed apple/bacon/onion mix plus a couple handfuls of brown sugar. Folded and wrapped in bacon, then sprinkled with my favorite rub. Tied up and placed over indirect heat on the grill (it almost didn't fit @ 25" long -[insert woodpile joke]). Three hours later it came out delicious! The bacon was perfectly crispy and seasoned and the stuffing turned out surprisingly good. Enjoy the pron!

IMAG0520.jpg

IMAG0521.jpg

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

Thanks guys! It was a lot of fun to do. I have pics of the cut and plate-up on another camera. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on them.

Back