Joetissere?

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Anyone have one?
Anyone use one on a Large BGE? I hear they fit...
Benefits?
Uses besides chicken?
Thanks!

I think another brethren, Cheyenne?, had some issues with it and the side table bracket or something. I love mine and just like any rotisserie, it cooks up some good grub! Did pork roast, chicken and going to fire it up with a basket full of wings next week... getcha one :thumb:

I was very skeptical when I first saw it. My very first cook on my BGE that I purchased in 2004 was a Spatchcock chicken since then Spatchcock chicken has been not only my go to chicken dish, it's also the most requested chicken by family and friends. So when the JoeTisserie came out I figured I would pass on it. So last week I go to Costco to pick up a few things and right there in Costco is the Kamado Joe Road Show. So I look around and I decide to buy a few bags of their Big Block lump coal. As I'm taking to the Joe rep. I see the JoeTisserie and it's priced at $185. So I figured what the hell I'll pick it up and if I don't like it since it's Costco I'll return it. So I tried the JoeTisserie the other night for the 1st time and the fit on my large BGE is good. I did have some smoke leakage but I had no issues holding temp. With the chicken done my wife and I chow down. Now like I said Spatchcock is my go to chicken, the JoeTisserie chicken took it to a whole new level. Amazingly it was juicer and more tender then any of my Spatchcock chickens. While it's a little pricey I definitely can see me doing a pork and beef roast on it. I would definitely recommend one.

Last edited:
I cook on a kettle, so can't comment on the Joetissere. But I've cooked chickens, turkey legs and thighs, legs of lamb, beef round roasts, pork butts, basicly, if I can skewer it and/or tie it on, it's worked. The bigest problem I have is getting it to balance.
Just use a drip pan for anything fatty.

Would this work on a Weber summit charcoal grill?

Would this work on a Weber summit charcoal grill?

I believe someone here tried and confirmed it wouldn't. I'm waiting for one to come for the Summit too.

<sigh> No, they don't fit on a WSCG. I had one ordered to my local BBQ retailer and went to look at it when it finally came in. It would not seat right on the lower half of the bowl, and because of that, the lid would not close correctly. I had high hopes.

It was the last thing (I think) that I wanted for the WSCG. I really hope that Weber decides to come out with one.

<sigh> No, they don't fit on a WSCG. I had one ordered to my local BBQ retailer and went to look at it when it finally came in. It would not seat right on the lower half of the bowl, and because of that, the lid would not close correctly. I had high hopes.

It was the last thing (I think) that I wanted for the WSCG. I really hope that Weber decides to come out with one.

It's what I'm waiting on too. What other kind of accessories have you bought for your Summit? So far I'm at big kamodo Joe pizza stone, slow n dear, drip n griddle. Always looking to get more.

I bought the SnS and the DnG. I already had the CyberQ for my cabinet smoker, so I just needed the Guru adapter to connect it to the WSCG.

I bought the BGE XL Extender grate to add a second cooking level. It's much better than Weber's version. The base is a ring that goes around the rim of the bowl of the smoker so it is more stable. And the upper grate can be removed without removing the base, so that food on the bottom can be flipped easily.

I already had a pizza stone that will sit easily on the extender grate and be about 6" below the inside of the dome vent, but, I have not tried it yet. Soon...

I also bought a pricey, but worth it to me cover for it that matches the cover on my cabinet. Around $300, but has a 10 year warranty and won't dry up in the Texas heat.

I figure I can smoke low and slow, I can bake, I can grill, I can high heat sear, I can make breakfast of the griddle, I can make pizza's, the only thing I am missing is a rotisserie.

Back