The Wait is Over-Introducing My LSG Vertical Offset

Dang it man, they're about 10 days from starting on my offset. Now you got me thinking about switching to the vertical offset!

I was going to order a traditional horizontal offset too but once I realized how much more capacity you get on the vertical for the price I was all in.

The footprint is really nice for how much cooking space you get.

I switched to the vertical offset.....

I was going to order a traditional horizontal offset too but once I realized how much more capacity you get on the vertical for the price I was all in.

Yep! Capacity and smaller footprint. My main reason was smaller footprint since I have other cookers as well.

I also love being able to hang food in it. I do home cured hams, sausage etc. regularly and I hate grate marks during the smoking process.

this is a 26lb ham home cured

Ix4zdxxh.jpg

Cured sausage

20141111_185305.jpg

Heck, even whole hogs 40lbs max but you can easily fit two in there

20141231_153631.jpg

Yep! Capacity and smaller footprint. My main reason was smaller footprint since I have other cookers as well.

I also love being able to hang food in it. I do home cured hams, sausage etc. regularly and I hate grate marks during the smoking process.

this is a 26lb ham home cured

Ix4zdxxh.jpg

Cured sausage

20141111_185305.jpg

Heck, even whole hogs 40lbs max but you can easily fit two in there

20141231_153631.jpg

Can you share a pic of how you hang briskets? Im about to get some hooks for my LSG and wanted to mess around with them. I vaguely remember you using two hooks in your briskets.

AKKKK! The nightmares are coming Bacckkkkkk! Wait, that's your new smoker, not my old one. (Inside joke)

You are going to love it. They are great pits and Chris and Amber are wonderful people to know and deal with.

Can you share a pic of how you hang briskets? Im about to get some hooks for my LSG and wanted to mess around with them. I vaguely remember you using two hooks in your briskets.

I hang a lot actually and for briskets I use my PBC hooks

STykSroh.jpg

I thought the my PBC was an awesome chicken cooker (which really is) but I hung some chicken in the LSG and :faint: Hands down the best chicken I've cooked or tasted. It literally bursts juice when you cut or take a bite out of a piece. Better shot of the hooks in the pic also.

i4esjC2h.jpg

Now for chicken smaller pieces of meat like wings or kabobs I use my skewers and hang them that way. Here is a pic with me grilling in the oven of the lsg direct over coals

20150419_173740.jpg

Wings, pork belly pieces and bacon wrapped filets IIRC

20150419_172531.jpg

Last edited:
AKKKK! The nightmares are coming Bacckkkkkk! Wait, that's your new smoker, not my old one. (Inside joke)

You are going to love it. They are great pits and Chris and Amber are wonderful people to know and deal with.

You sure it's still not sitting on your driveway Terry? :becky:

Still looking forward to OPs' full walk around video of this rig in action!

You can do it OP....5 mins minimum !!

Awesome cooker!
I got mine delivered early May. To my surprise it had the new door design. I was a little disappointed because what sold me on the pit was the flanged doors and the videos showing them off. I called Chris and he said it was more labor and materials to make the new door and was an improvement over the flanged door. After cooking on this pit for better then 2 months now,every weekend and sometimes during the week I really like the VO with the warmer.
The main chamber door leaks a little smoke until it's up to temp but who cares, the food comming of this pit far exceeds my expectations.
Hope you have many years of great cooks on your new pit!

Very nice.....I just got my IVC...... I can say when they crate something up, they sure use enough nails. Lol..... My guess is you'll be as happy camper as I am.... Quality is pretty kickarse......

Sweet pit!!!

I claimed my dream pit from Terry's above mentioned nightmare and it rocks some fantastic food. The airflow through these beasts is touch to match. You can actually hear the air draw when baffle wide open...

You're gonna love it.

That is one beautiful smoker. Can't wait to see what you do. Looking at Sako's posts it looks so versatile. I bet you love it. I am a little concerned about the skeleton hopefully it isn't incriminating evidence we are gonna see on the 6:00 news. But have fun and show us some amazing stuff can't wait. Congrats

I usually avoid the LSG threads because I am week :help:

Back