• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren Charity

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi!

It's been in discussion for quite a while and I'm happy to say that we finally have a site up charity events that the BBQ Brethren is involved with.

There are a few tweaks that we still need to make but this will give you a great idea of what the final product will look like.

We have a few goals for the site. One is to simply recognize the generosity of BBQ folks who seem to be doing something great in the community every weekend. Another goal is to keep people informed about upcoming events so they can jump in and lend an hand if they are able. A third is to provide inspiration or a blueprint for people might see an event and want to do something similar. Our most venal goal is to have an official site that we can point potential partners to and let them know what we are all about.

It would be great if we are discussing one of the cooks for that we do for the military with a drink supplier or the USO or a meat packer and could point them to a site that has details and photos prior events.

From my perspective, the important thing to take away from this is that it's your site. These are all member driven events and wouldn't happen if people didn't step up and ensure that the needs were met.

Obviously, the site will be fleshed out as time goes by. It will be a bit dormant on the 'upcoming events' front during the winter months. That will give us time to polish it up a bit.

outreach.bbq-brethren.com

Michigan Custom 'Que members have held 7 or 8 events this year feeding close to 1000 people.

Would you be interested in our cooks?

I have posted them here

Great idea - love it! One of the things that led me to sticking around here rather than just lurking was seeing the cool stuff Brethren were doing with fundraisers, charity cooks, troop feeds, etc.

Back