smoked

low&slowsmoke

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals I'm new to slow and low smoking . I have been a charcoal griller
For the last twenty years. Finally after watching YouTube videos and reading lots of information on several forums, I had my first smoke. I cooked a pork butt on my weber kettle. The pork came out great, it was hit with family& friends. My only problem is with the cleaning of my water pan and thermometer. Is there an easy way to get all this smoke off I can't even read my thermometer. Thank you guys in advance ☺

I coat the scrubby side of a dish sponge with simple green and scrub it until I can see. I've also used a tiny dab of that Lava soap to scour the gunk off the face of an oven thermometer. Then just wipe it with a wet towel. Be careful not to submerge your thermometer in water, and dry it thoroughly.

After it is clean, put a drop of vegetable oil or cooking spray on the face of your thermometer, it makes cleanup easier.

Last edited:
Also, if you really get into smoking, a remote thermometer like the Maverick is a lot easier to deal with.

Back