fruit wood

WOODMAN

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
where can I get fruit wood for smoking in Salem or Cumberland county

Many orchards will gladly give you the wood then they trim/replant the trees around January. They do this in the cold weather to prevent the spread of disease and fungus.

Woodman, there is an orchard and store at the intersection of Elk Road and Buck Road (near Rt 55) which has apple wood for sale. As IamMadMan said, orchards do trim or replace trees yearly. Last year, I saw many trees pulled at this orchard and I assume the wood they now sell is from this replacement almost a year ago, i.e., seasoned at this point.

Woodman, there is an orchard and store at the intersection of Elk Road and Buck Road (near Rt 55) which has apple wood for sale. As IamMadMan said, orchards do trim or replace trees yearly. Last year, I saw many trees pulled at this orchard and I assume the wood they now sell is from this replacement almost a year ago, i.e., seasoned at this point.

Smokey Lonesome,
My gps crashed and I lost the address of that market, they have the best apple cider around. Thanks for posting this. They have a BBQ guy setup across the street in the grass selling great ribs and chops on Fridays and Saturdays. Thanks again....

Woodman,
You also have M&M in your area that may peach wood for sale.

Hayniczā€™s Orchardview Farm Market and Greenhouse located in Monroeville, New Jersey at the corner of Buck and Elk road (Rt 553 and Rt 538), at the first traffic light as you get off Route 55, Exit 45 towards Centerton. (1092 ELK ROAD)

Back