Got a vortex for fathers day

tom b

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
But it didn't get here til yesterday. Picked up a couple packs of wings on the way home dusted them down with a quick rub I whipped up. Lit a full chimney of royal oak dumped it in and put on the meat. here are a couple action shots.

a little over sauced for me but thats what the daughter likes

Very nice, wings look great.

Nice gift Tom! Your wings look delicious too!

Thanks every one...I don't do a lot of wings but what i took away from this...

the wing were good, but not my best but the meat sucked right of the bone just like I would want

but I didn't get a real good crispy skin a little crispy but quit right

might try some breaded kettle fried next time to see how that does

I'm going to play with it some more but.....

after take 1, I would have to honestly say my pellet grill has turned out much better.

I got one a couple years ago and enjoy using it. Just did some wings saturday and turned out great.

I wanna get one of these, where is the best place to order?

http://www.bbqsmokermods.com/

This is where I got mine. Owens was out of stock and these guys had them. They were also $11 cheaper. I had mine 2 days after ordering it.

Great looking batch of wings Tom. I LOVE my Vortex! Next time try either filling the Vortex up or letting the wings cook a bit longer. My wings always come out as crispy as if they were fried.

http://www.bbqsmokermods.com/

This is where I got mine. Owens was out of stock and these guys had them. They were also $11 cheaper. I had mine 2 days after ordering it.

Great looking batch of wings Tom. I LOVE my Vortex! Next time try either filling the Vortex up or letting the wings cook a bit longer. My wings always come out as crispy as if they were fried.

I had them on over an hour, they were definitely done but next time Ill go a little longer.

I have a 3 lb coffee can cut down to fit between the charcoal grate & cooking grate. Same effect. It gets super hot.
It's great for doing a single steak directly over the coals in about a 5 minute cook time.

The Vortex is new to me, but I think I might have to get one. I am new to the forums and I am discovering lots of new stuff. The downside is I think its going to cost me a fortune buying all of it.

I have enjoyed using mine on my 26" Weber and my XL egg. Works great.

Looks like a nice unit and the wings look great also.

Wings look great. You can use it for all chicken parts, pork chops, burgers, etc.........

Back