New Shirley Fab cooker comes home

vicksburgbbq

Found some matches.
Reaction score
This is a couple of days late but better late than never. I picked up my new Shirley Fab cooker on Saturday. I have a 24x42 patio cooker with cabinet doors, a warmer with three racks and sausage rods, both dampers and a total of three thermometers and three wire ports. I will post pictures when I fire it up this weekend, but take my word - this cooker is beautiful. I debated between a length of 42" vs 50". I'm glad I chose 42". This is the perfect size for my cooking area, but still more than enough room for my normal cooks. As with everyone else that has a Shirley, I am blown away by the craftsmanship that went into this cooker. The welds, seams and doors are a work of art. Tyler and his crew are turning out some great work.

Tyler was a pleasure to deal with during the entire process. Very responsive, friendly and courteous. I owe him a special thanks for putting up with me during the build process (even while he was leaving for a well-deserved vacation).

I have been gathering some accessories in anticipation. I picked up a weed burner at HD. I received my first shipment of rubs and brine mix from Oakridge BBQ and picked up a truckload of hickory and pecan splits. I think I am ready for my first cook, but seasoning comes first. Now I just have to decide what to cook first (besides a naked fatty).

More to come,

Toney

Nice! Load that sucker up that first cook. They run great!

Congrats! They are beautiful. I still stare at mine sometimes.

Thanks everyone. Even though my cooker is smaller than many of the other SF cookers, this thing is a beast. I'm glad I had plenty of help getting it off the trailer. Once on the driveway, it is easy to move and re-position. My next-door neighbors came over as we were unloading and were very interested in the timing of the first cook!

Congrats!! Everyone of these threads that pop up makes it seem like October will be here in 3 years lmao.

Soon enough I'll be doing my own SF thread.

Can't wait to see pics of your first and future cooks.

Good for you! The more you cook on it the more you are going to love it!

Jack

Congrats on your new pit. Can't wait to see some pics of it in action.

Congrats on your new Shirley!

Don't forget the pRon!!

Shirley

Congrats & Enjoy.. Yours is bigger then mine:heh:
DanB

Congrats. Can't wait to see it fired up! .... And this means that I am one spot closer to getting the call!

Sure know the feeling of bringing the Shirley home. Congrats, you are just beginning your journey to really loving your new cooker. Show us a picture or two when you get a chance.

Congrats and welcome to the family. Can't wait to see some action pics.

i am getting impatient. stop staring at the cooker long enough to post at least 1 pic.:mmph:

Back