Anyone going to the brisket competition bbq class at Ceramic Grill Works?

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I signed up for the class where Gary Arlet of "Pit"sburgh Smokers is teaching the class. Just wondering if any brethren are attending? It is on Feb 28 and it is $25 which isn't bad. I figure even though it is unlikely we will compete in kcbs this year learning competition brisket isn't a bad idea. If you are going see you there.

For $25 it would be hard to go wrong, but I looked at the "Pit"sburgh Smokers web site and they cooked 3 competitions last year and it appears that only one of them had a brisket category and they were 19th out of 21 teams in brisket, so I'm not so sure I would expect much out of the class.

I don't really just supporting Ceramic Grill Works. Plus I competed against Gary last year. Real nice guy. I got a kamado so I want to learn more about the operation of one.

For $25 it would be hard to go wrong, but I looked at the "Pit"sburgh Smokers web site and they cooked 3 competitions last year and it appears that only one of them had a brisket category and they were 19th out of 21 teams in brisket, so I'm not so sure I would expect much out of the class.

I was under the same impression. But there are very few competitors in our end of the state, so I like to get out and meet them when I get a chance. I saw somewhere that he recently took a competition class so maybe he will be imparting some of that wisdom in the class.

I was under the same impression. But there are very few competitors in our end of the state, so I like to get out and meet them when I get a chance. I saw somewhere that he recently took a competition class so maybe he will be imparting some of that wisdom in the class.

I hope so. If you want to go give Franco a call it has the number on the ceramic grill works website. He is a pretty good guy. Plus if you never been to Ceramic Grill Works it's a great store.

It is $25 at the door it is free on registration they charge you $25 there

Got my tickets last night. Bill from Three Dog BBQ will be joining me. Apparently I competed against Gary in Warren, PA last year and didn't realize it. I didn't much get a chance to get out of our camp and mingle. Looking forward to officially meeting him.

Got my tickets last night. Bill from Three Dog BBQ will be joining me. Apparently I competed against Gary in Warren, PA last year and didn't realize it. I didn't much get a chance to get out of our camp and mingle. Looking forward to officially meeting him.
Cool. Glad you are going. Should be fun. I just checked out Three Dogs BBQ's facebook page turns our they are right down the road from me. Renfrew is a stones throw away. Should be nice to finally meet some local bbq people.

Just bumping in case anyone else wants to sign up last minute as the class is tomorrow.

Back