Rib rubs

tcv21

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have tried a bunch of different rubs and have 3 that I am particularly fond off.
1.McCormick's Low and Slow Memphis BBQ Rub with a little added Turbando Sugar
2. Weber Kansas City Style BBQ Rub
3. Bone Sucking Sauce Seasoning Rub

I prefer a sweeter rub with just a pinch of heat. Anyone else have some suggestions? Preferably for competitions.

I haven't tried SM stuff, but I have quite a few Oakridge BBQ rubs. Their flavor profiles are outstanding, my biggest complaint is that everything of theirs is finely ground

Any Brethren discounts from Oakridge (want to try Secret Weapon) or SM? I'm using a rub from Adam Perry Lang's "Serious Barbecue" and I like it quite a bit, but always looking to try something new and different.

Oakridge: "brethren10" for 10% off

Don't know about SM

Another vote for Oakridge and I love Texas bbq rubs, especially Grand Champion for pork.

Just picked up Habanero Death Dust, Dominator, and Secret Weapon from their site - thanks all!

I love Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow on Pork ribs! I know your asking about ribs but Oakridge Santa Maria is the bomb on beef too.

I've been a fan of John Henry's Pecan rub. Really enjoy the profile. I also use a few of the Simply Marvelous rubs as well as Plowboys.

Any Brethren discounts from Oakridge (want to try Secret Weapon) or SM? I'm using a rub from Adam Perry Lang's "Serious Barbecue" and I like it quite a bit, but always looking to try something new and different.

Try the OakRidge Sampler pack... with free shipping..

But I see you have placed your order... You won't be disappointed....

Back