Pork Loin Roast....Looking for something different!

tortaboy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Pork Loin roast is on sale this week. Trying to think of something a little different.

Have made:
Smoked pork loin
Stuffed pork loin
Candied pork loin
Bacon wrapped pork loin
Even pork jerky!

....hmmm what would take ordinary pork loin to the next level? Something different than the above?

Pork shoulder! Loin is just too damn lean and lacking flavor, IMO! I have never had a pork loin that I liked better than pulled, chopped, whatever pork shoulder.

Cook a loin indirect with cherry wood for flavor. Just be sure not to overcook. Glaze with a mixture of equal parts bourbon, yellow mustard, brown sugar, and butter. Heat glaze ingredients stovetop till melted together and thickened up a little.
Apply glaze during last few minutes of cook, and save some glaze to serve with the pork once it is sliced.

Butterfly and stuff with Boudin and spinach. Smoke to 145 and enjoy. Big hit with the family.

It seems you have covered it, but I stuff mine with jalapeno cornbread stuffing..

I second this, if you haven't tried curing before then canadian bacon is about the easiest thing to try it on. Find a good recipe for curing, then just smoke it like you normally would.

Have done Canadian bacon many times. It usually sits in my freezer for a year before we really think about it.

I'm thinking of trying something with an Asian flair. Not sure though.

Have done Canadian bacon many times. It usually sits in my freezer for a year before we really think about it.

I'm thinking of trying something with an Asian flair. Not sure though.

For an Asian flair, I like to butterfly, score and marinade overnight. Then grill til about 140 IT. I serve it with smokey fried rice sometimes.
The marinade works great for pork tenderloins and slice butts too.

Link to recipe...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197917

1e08ea7e-b545-435c-9fd5-f2bc3eef48d4_zps1c17f106.jpg

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Pork loins are like a blank slate, fun to experiment with too. :)

I have one in the fridge for tomorrow. I plan to stuff with Gala apples, arugula and feta. Not sure what rub will go on the outside, yet...

For an Asian flair, I like to butterfly, score and marinade overnight. Then grill til about 140 IT. I serve it with smokey fried rice sometimes.
The marinade works great for pork tenderloins and slice butts too.

Link to recipe...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197917

1e08ea7e-b545-435c-9fd5-f2bc3eef48d4_zps1c17f106.jpg

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Pork loins are like a blank slate, fun to experiment with too. :)

That's it. That is what I'm going to make. Funny, I almost called this thread, "Pork Loin.....What would cowgirl do"?

Slice some up, pound the slices to about 1/8th inch thick and use whatever seasonings ya like and some of this stuff on your way to chicken fried heaven!

Attachments

• houseautry.jpg
    houseautry.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 76
Slice some up, pound the slices to about 1/8th inch thick and use whatever seasonings ya like and some of this stuff on your way to chicken fried heaven!

That looks good too!

Puff the thing so full of creole butter that it can't take anymore, season the outside how you like & run it at low heat for awhile......see what happens.....

A lot of REALLY good ideas already, but that's one I've done a bunch & it's good........same for tenderloin, but it works w/ loin also....

1-13-2013PTender028.jpg

PostWestCoastMeet029.jpg

Puff the thing so full of creole butter that it can't take anymore, season the outside how you like & run it at low heat for awhile......see what happens.....

A lot of REALLY good ideas already, but that's one I've done a bunch & it's good........same for tenderloin, but it works w/ loin also....

1-13-2013PTender028.jpg

PostWestCoastMeet029.jpg

That looks good. I've never had creole butter.

Even the cheap stuff, strained of little bits works well..

PostWestCoastMeet009.jpg

Creole's on the right...there's various brands of it out there in the world....all pretty good....

Thanksgiving2014006.jpg

Bottled sauce gherkin here.....not sure how to fix it from scratch?

Back