Anyone going to the Bedford Blues & BBQ in Bedford, TX?

Okie Sawbones

Banned
Reaction score
I'm taking the wife over for the KCBS judging class on Saturday, then we are both taking the SCA class Saturday afternoon. We will both be judging the KCBS event on Sunday. Thought I'd swing by and say hello if anyone else is going. :wave:

I will be in both classes on Sat., I volunteered to judge on Sunday. But have not heard anything.

I'll be competing in the BBQ contest, but not sure about the SCA side yet. I entered the SCA contest in Lubbock this weekend, and I'll decide on doing steak in Bedford after I see how this goes.

Anyone have any competition tips for steak?

I'll be competing in the BBQ contest, but not sure about the SCA side yet. I entered the SCA contest in Lubbock this weekend, and I'll decide on doing steak in Bedford after I see how this goes.

:thumb: :thumb:

Got Grill Grates? Need those grill marks. Read about doing thin steaks at amazingribs.com. Trim before cooking to make look pretty. Have fun!

Got Grill Grates? Need those grill marks. Read about doing thin steaks at amazingribs.com. Trim before cooking to make look pretty. Have fun!

Yes ma'am. I have a PK Grill, with Grill Grates. I've done one SCA contest before, and did okay on Texture, Appearance, Doneness and Overall Impression, but my taste was below average. I'm not really sure what kind of flavor profile I should have been shooting for. All I did at that one was season it with BPS Double Secret Steak Rub, and then hit it with a lot of butter during and after the cook.

I'll be competing in Bedford for BBQ but not SCA. Just want to focus on the BBQ for now since I've only done a handful of comps...mostly IBCA.

I'll be competing in Bedford for BBQ but not SCA. Just want to focus on the BBQ for now since I've only done a handful of comps...mostly IBCA.

Welcome and good luck! Feel free to come find us if you need anything or have any questions.

Make sure you are ready for the pace change. IBCA contests will seem like the slowest thing ever once you've done a few kcbs contests!

cooking for the judging to give the judges the taste for my product and considering doing the sca but no decision yet. doing the kcbs bit as well

You be right, getting too old to cut the mustard, much less walk a long way. they say the mind is the second thing to go and I can't remember what was first.

this is our first and probably only cookoff this year. Just not that motivated anymore. May be on Good Morning Texas on the second promoting the cookoff during the 8 o'clock hour for Wendy and company. this is a great cookoff and the blues music is first rate with dr. John on Sunday and cookers get a good seat and access to the vip tent on Friday.

See some of you there.

Back