Jah Love Chicken!

TheDeuce

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Wife and I got to enjoy some quality patio time today after the rain cleared out of Central Ohio today. Decided to grill up some chicken with some Jah Love Jamaican Jerk rub from Oakridge. Grocery store had boneless skinless breasts on sale today, and my wife prefers white meat...so that's what I grilled!

Follow the instructions!
30ndlyq.jpg

Marinated in the fridge for 5+ hours.
1zf4zuc.jpg

Some fresh asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2rw16ab.jpg

All on the gasser, the smell of the Jah Love is intense!
16i85dd.jpg

Final shot! Chicken, asparagus, fresh side salad, and an ice cold summer beverage.
wvb9zk.jpg

Another absolutely delicious rub from Oakridge. It's got some serious pop! My wife said it's a little too spicy, but I loved it!

I'll be eating the leftovers for lunch several times this week. Anxious to let one of my coworkers give his opinion on the jerk season. He's as Jamaican as it gets! I let him read the ingredients list when I ordered it a few weeks ago and he said it sounded pretty darn correct.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
That is one heck of a nice looking plate.

Problem I've been having with it, is it seems to burn too easily. I need to cook indirect for quite a while before I can go direct. Never had that problem with Walkerswood, Good taste, pretty close to Walkerswood, which is my go to Jerk. For me, the jury is still out.

Problem I've been having with it, is it seems to burn too easily. I need to cook indirect for quite a while before I can go direct. Never had that problem with Walkerswood, Good taste, pretty close to Walkerswood, which is my go to Jerk. For me, the jury is still out.

Mine got a nice char, but not burnt. I got the grates nice and hot on high, but lowered the burners to low/med before I put the chicken on.

Very nice looking dinner. How is the jerk rub for saltiness?

I've only had jerk chicken once and it was so salty I couldn't eat it. It was a home made concoction that a friend made.

Very nice looking dinner. How is the jerk rub for saltiness?

I've only had jerk chicken once and it was so salty I couldn't eat it. It was a home made concoction that a friend made.

It definitely had some salt, but I wouldn't say it was too salty. Full disclosure: I like salt on my food.

My wife, on the other hand, doesn't like overly salty food and her only complaint was that the flavor was too hot. No complaint about the salt.

It definitely had some salt, but I wouldn't say it was too salty. Full disclosure: I like salt on my food.

My wife, on the other hand, doesn't like overly salty food and her only complaint was that the flavor was too hot. No complaint about the salt.
Thanks Deuce I will order some and give it a shot. My wife and I love a little heat.

My Jamaican coworker tried a piece of my lunch today, his exact words:

"Wow, the heat is spot-on! Great use of the Scotch Bonnet, but something is missing. It doesn't scream 'jerk' to me. Don't get me wrong, this is delicious...but it's not jerk. I think it needs more Jamaican allspice."

He suggested I try the Walkerswood. He said it's not his favorite jerk season, but it's definitely authentic. He also said a 24 hour marinate time is an absolute minimum for true Jamaican jerk.

He suggested I try the Walkerswood. He said it's not his favorite jerk season, but it's definitely authentic. He also said a 24 hour marinate time is an absolute minimum for true Jamaican jerk.

Yep, I like to marinate at least two days, the longer the hotter. :thumb:

Care to ask him what his favorite is?

That is some fine looking yard bird. I would do Walkerswood over Grace but since my wife is from the island we have taken to making our own marinade most of the time.

Back