My son cleaned me out!

Bigr314

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon my son said that he was going to a friends house last night for fantasy football draft. He then asked if I had any BBQ in the freezer that he could take with him. Then he proceeded to mention that 10 guys would be there.

We went over to the chest freezer and pulled out Rib Tips, Ribs, Pulled Pork, Sliced Brisket, Pulled Chicken, and some Sliced Eye of Round. Needless to say he cleaned me out. My wife asks me all the time, why are you cooking so much. Well It paid off. My son and his friends had a feast last night. I can't wait to hear how it went.

The best part of this is that next weekend I will have to have a big cook to stock up again. Planning on cooking Brisket, Pork Butts,Ribs and Chicken.May be some other things while the Boss Hogg is fired up. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Our kids still shop from our freezer and pantry when they visit! Still have not figured out how to just cook for two!

I'll bet the boys are having a killer fantasy draft!

I can only imagine the feast with what your boy brought along!

Yes, please!

Sounds like he is knows where the bread and butter is....:) dad's fridge... Sounds a little like Tyler too...lo know you are like me... It is a blessing to be able to hook him and his buddies up...

Here I was thinking he took all your money to college.:laugh:

I have 2 sons and a sister in law to support. They all love the smoke. Good news is the boys are starting to grill food for themselves. We all got Thermopops for Fathers Day.

That's a big part of why we all do this......make others happy.
Every time I smoke something, I call my son and say "You want some BBQ?" He has never said no. He doesn't even ask what I cooked.

Back