Bacon WCSG

fedex

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
15# Pork Belly cured with Morton's Tender Quick and Brown Sugar for 10 Days.

On Monday I took out of the fridge and gave it a good rinse. Cut a few hunks off for a salt test. It passed.

Crusted with fresh ground pepper and back to the fridge for a night of air drying.

Tuesday afternoon set up the WSCG. Two scoops of Stub's and four chunks of Apple wood and started it at 200 deg (temp only rose 20 deg during the entire cook). Four hours and 15 min temp hit 140 deg.

Done. Back to fridge to chill for the night.

Today slicing and packaging. Got out the High Tech Cabela's Slicer and Food Saver.

Bacon Mountain

Sizzle Test. Pass

Packaging

BLT Test. Pass!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking.

All of that is looking good. Might toast that bread but that sandwich looks great.

Just the Tender Quick and brown sugar! I love the simple but great tasting recipes.
Was the skin/rind on the belly or did you buy it with no skin?

That looks awesome! I can almost smell that deliciousness.......I have about 15lbs curing now, should be ready to smoke on Labor Day weekend, can't wait to make my own Mt bacon.

Just the Tender Quick and brown sugar! I love the simple but great tasting recipes.
Was the skin/rind on the belly or did you buy it with no skin?

No skin/rind. I get mine at a Korean Market called Zion. Only place around hear that sell the belly in a full slab.

No skin/rind. I get mine at a Korean Market called Zion. Only place around hear that sell the belly in a full slab.

Thanks. I have a couple of full slabs in the freezer and am waiting on the rub stuff to get here. The skin is on the slabs and I plan to take it off with a fillet knife before applying the cure.
I've also been looking in to the process for making cracklins with the skin but it looks pretty manhour intensive. I'll probably re-freeze the skin and try to make the cracklins at a later date.

Back