Yep...It's Friday Farkers...What's Cookin'?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The usual tonight...Ribeyes:p Sunday is my maiden voyage on the Big Green Drum... gonna do an "Herb de Provence Turkey" with pecan wood. I was gonna do a jerk rub but changed my mind.:rolleyes:

Another test run on the thighs in about 1 hour. I scored a 21 pound chuck roll, it will go on this afternoon and cook throughout the night. Not sure if I can do one piece or should cut it into two. Currently doing a soak out on 2 store bought corned briskets. They are for Sunday. I don't think the Egg will cool down the entire weekend. :mrgreen:

Another test run on the thighs in about 1 hour. I scored a 21 pound chuck roll, it will go on this afternoon and cook throughout the night. Not sure if I can do one piece or should cut it into two. Currently doing a soak out on 2 store bought corned briskets. They are for Sunday. I don't think the Egg will cool down the entire weekend. :mrgreen:

How'd ya like that cherry on the beef last weekend??

Chicken on Saturday on the WSM. Ribs and various collected rib trimmings on Sunday on the Stumper.

Butts for Saturday

I have four butts on the WSM> They have been on since 4:30pm yesterday. They are currently at 185, waiting a while longer. They are going to feed the residents at the local Ronald McDonald house as a church project Saturday. The people that run the place said they get alot of afood, but never get real BBQ. My wife said I cook a mean butt, so she volunteered me for a lunch. I figure on pulling 3 of them, should end up with 10-15 pounds, enough for 16-18 people.
Russell, Pensacola,FL

I'm going to Sam's to see what I can find. One of my local stores also had in some whole hams. This will be the first weekend without much rain in a while, so it will be a smoke-a-thon. I'm gonna smoke a whole lot of something, just gotta figure what it's gonna be.

If I can get my charcoal basked put together, I'm going to be doing some smoked hot wings and a brisket to break in the new UDS!

I have four butts on the WSM> They have been on since 4:30pm yesterday. They are currently at 185, waiting a while longer. They are going to feed the residents at the local Ronald McDonald house as a church project Saturday. The people that run the place said they get alot of afood, but never get real BBQ. My wife said I cook a mean butt, so she volunteered me for a lunch. I figure on pulling 3 of them, should end up with 10-15 pounds, enough for 16-18 people.
Russell, Pensacola,FL

Wow - that is low and slow!

I really liked it. That is what I used on the chicken too. I might stick with it for the chuck (or maybe a mix) but I'll switch to all pecan for the pastrami. Have you tried anything with the mesquite?

That's all i've used lately.....Brisket, Chuckies and a couple fattys were awesome with that Mesquite, let me know when you run low!! :wink::biggrin:

The usual tonight...Ribeyes:p Sunday is my maiden voyage on the Big Green Drum... gonna do an "Herb de Provence Turkey" with pecan wood. I was gonna do a jerk rub but changed my mind.:rolleyes:

make sure you stuff your turkey with some
fresh fruit that will help to keep your bird
moist.. :cool:

lunchmeat's winter wamer is this weeked..

Oh boy Oh Boy it's finally here..
I have three racks of my new Ah-So
ribs marinating as we speak.. also
have some frozen smoked turkey enchiladas
that I mad a while ago..plus I have some
of my home made Bratwurst will be going
on the smoker. and a couple of fatties,
so the wife can have fattie sausage gravy and
Biscuits..mmmm don't know what gary is cookin'
I wanted to do more PBT's but never found the time
this week.. :icon_blush:

Man I love BBQ and BBQ people:icon_bigsmil

Heat wave this weekend....gonna be in the low 30's!! :biggrin::biggrin: Hitting the drum all weekend with a Q extravaganza!

Big cook for me this weekend. 80lbs of Brisket, 60lbs of pork, 10 lbs of sausage, 125 ABTs, and 5 Gal of Baked beans, and 5lbs of pig candy.....

Big party on Sat. night!!!!

Big cook for me this weekend. 80lbs of Brisket, 60lbs of pork, 10 lbs of sausage, 125 ABTs, and 5 Gal of Baked beans, and 5lbs of pig candy.....

Big party on Sat. night!!!!

Whoa!!!...Party's at your place! :p:p:p Have fun!

Back