new competition team

big matt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Matt Dalton and I'm new to the sport..I don't know if this is where i should have started this thread but it was the only one I could get to work..A little about me..a friend of mine and I went to Myron Mixon's class at the end of Feb..so much info gained..then 3 weeks later we were on our way to Arkansas for smoke on the water..2 reasons first to pick up our hog smoker and second to check out the comp..WOW!..what a mind blowing time..I could not believe how many teams were there.I think there were 228 teams..and all of the rigs and the millions of dollars that were involved..Myron was really cool and let us hang out all weekend..his team members were all really cool and nice people...so anyway nice to be here..our team name is Left Coast Q from Banning,CA..and our first comp will be May 22nd in Bakersfield

Whats up Matt. I am in Rancho Cucamonga not too far from you. I am also trying to move from the backyard to competition. Its good to see people in California that are into BBQ. I am going to check out the Hesperia BBQ competition this weekend, and will see you in Bakersfield in May. Good luck! Danny

good luck, and kick some ash!!!! Im sure you will do well. If you have any questions ask away!! Brethren rock!

Hello everyone my name is Matt Dalton and I'm new to the sport..I don't know if this is where i should have started this thread but it was the only one I could get to work..A little about me..a friend of mine and I went to Myron Mixon's class at the end of Feb..so much info gained..then 3 weeks later we were on our way to Arkansas for smoke on the water..2 reasons first to pick up our hog smoker and second to check out the comp..WOW!..what a mind blowing time..I could not believe how many teams were there.I think there were 228 teams..and all of the rigs and the millions of dollars that were involved..Myron was really cool and let us hang out all weekend..his team members were all really cool and nice people...so anyway nice to be here..our team name is Left Coast Q from Banning,CA..and our first comp will be May 22nd in Bakersfield

Matt,

Syop by Wildomar on April 17th - Marna O'Brien Park. East vs West BBQ Contest there that day. 45 teams, and a great place to meet some of the local folks, and check things out. Let me know if you need more info.

thank's for quick responses!...Danny and c rocke what's up..can't make hesperia but I'm really gonna try to make it to wildomar..it would have been our first but missed the cut off date..thanks again guys can't wait to meet!

thank's for quick responses!...Danny and c rocke what's up..can't make hesperia but I'm really gonna try to make it to wildomar..it would have been our first but missed the cut off date..thanks again guys can't wait to meet!

Matt, did you miss the cutoff for Wildomar? or Hesperia?
If you missed the Wildomar cutoff, Have you called Henry to see if he can fit you in?

Andy

kindly post all notes from Myron's class in this thread :cool:

Matt, did you miss the cutoff for Wildomar? or Hesperia?
If you missed the Wildomar cutoff, Have you called Henry to see if he can fit you in?

Andy
Andy I missed wildomar by more than a month..I thought about it but I want to get just a few more cooks in..we've already have our logo and are working on our website and also it will give me time to get some cards too..I'm planing on going to wildomar to walk around and meet some of the teams..also waiting on a call back from harry soo..met him in arkansas and he said he has some good info for me..hope to see u there

Andy I missed wildomar by more than a month..I thought about it but I want to get just a few more cooks in..we've already have our logo and are working on our website and also it will give me time to get some cards too..I'm planing on going to wildomar to walk around and meet some of the teams..also waiting on a call back from harry soo..met him in arkansas and he said he has some good info for me..hope to see u there

I'll be there, look for the Simple Green ez-ups... I'll try and save you a beer!

Andy

As many of you know, Matt passed away yesterday. This was his first post on the Brethren, and seemed to be a fitting place to formally say goodbye to him here.

God bless Matt, you touched so many people, and you will be missed more than you could have ever imagined

14657539_1211343795592433_7381811628545523182_n.jpg

I thought about cooking a contest out in CA a couple years ago but didn't want to haul the trailer out there, so asked on another forum if anyone had any equipment to rent/borrow. I had never met Matt, but he asked me what do I need, what would I like to cook on and he would do his best to get me set up if I wanted to come out and cook. He was a fun guy to be around and will truly be missed.

Matt was really passionate about BBQ, and you didn't have to wonder long about what he thought about something!:) We had some interesting and refreshing conversations. He'll be missed!

Never had the pleasure to meet Matt, but from what I could tell he never candy coated the way he saw things, for that I respected him!

Back