Brethren Generosity

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Yesterday Long Island Brethren and friends brought food together at one persons house where it was broken down into individual family meals.

The meals were delivered by the Babylon Breast Cancer Coalition to families dealing with breast cancer. We were told late last night that this will most likely be the last holiday together for at least 3 of these families.

All in all, 23 meals were delivered. If I gave an accurate description of the magnitude of these meals you'd think it was purely hyperbole. The generosity and dedication to helping others was truly staggering. The general guideline was that everyone took one item and made a bunch of it. Some people made potatoes, others made stuffing, some donated turkeys, etc.

There were potatoes, stuffing, yams, corn, carrots, brussel sprouts, green beans, mac and cheese, creamed onions, peas, appetizers, gravy, cranberry sauce, 2 pies per family, dozens of cookies per family, a smoked turkey for every family and more.

It's truly humbling to see the much vaunted spirit of the Brethren and the esprit de corps of the members actualized in such a tangible way.

On this Thanksgiving I'm truly grateful to have such great people as friends.

Glad to hear about the true spirit of giving on Thanksgiving..... Good Job All.....

From someone who has had to deal with cancer and the loss of my niece this year, May those blessings return to you and those who took the time to help out others.

Baloo

That was a nice thing to do. Good for you to go out and help! This kind of post makes me remember what Thanksgiving and Christmas are about.

Back