Hot and fast pork butt

tonyjohnson619

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
On Saturday I am cooking to brisket and 2 Butts, how long you think the button would take running at 325? I wanna try the blueDawg brisket and was gonna cook both at the same time just gotta know when to start the pork

I cooked an 9 pounder in 5.5 hrs, 300-305 for the first 4hrs wrapped in BP the rest of the way and let the smoker climb up to 333. Give yourself 6.5 hours and another hour for resting and you won't have any problems.

I have cooked hot and fast both butts and brisket at the same time. They have both finished within 30 minutes of each other. Believe it or not, the brisket finished a little sooner. I would start them at the same time. If one finishes before the other it does not matter because they both should rest wrapped up in a cooker for a few hours. Good luck.

I cook hot and fast. Brisket at 350, pork butt 325, ribs are anywhere from 275 to 315. Most food is done about 5 hours and let it rest. Love cooking this way

I cook butts at about 350, and plan to eat in 7 hours. Sometimes they rest for longer than others, but I've never missed my mark there.

Back