The older you get, the more expensive your toys get...

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
And a LOT heavier too...

34828699363_7614198099_b.jpg

35637578655_f802bd6821_b.jpg

Looked a lot smaller at Costco.

Last edited:
Was getting late, so I did some thighs. Need some practice starting the lump. took a while to get it up to temp.

Congrats and welcome to the world of Kamado cooking!

After a couple of rib cooks on my Kamado, I sold my WSM. The difference was night and day.

Was getting late, so I did some thighs. Need some practice starting the lump. took a while to get it up to temp.

What did you start it with? If I use Weber cubes it can take a while to get hot, but I use my weed burner about every time now and is ready quick :clap2:.

What did you start it with? If I use Weber cubes it can take a while to get hot, but I use my weed burner about every time now and is ready quick :clap2:.
Used a couple of the Kamado Joe fire starters. Don't have a weed burner... Yet... How long does it normally take to fire up with the starters?

I have a couple of BGE's and it takes about 30 mins to get to 275-300 with one starter. I usually build a little "log cabin" (without the roof of course) around each starter cube.

Here's a vid on KJ YouTube channel.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-vFR0haipk[/ame]

Toys get more expensive with age? Stop getting older! lol

Nice cooker, a joetisserie should be in your future

Toys get more expensive with age? Stop getting older! lol

Nice cooker, a joetisserie should be in your future
Wish I could. Lot more creaking bones... No Joetisserie for the Big Joe yet. Thinking griddle first & maybe a pizza stone. Hopefully they get the Joetisserie done by spring. Or earlier.

Back